This excerpt taken from the ATVI 8-K filed Feb 10, 2010.
Guitar Hero was a top four franchise overall and the #1 music franchise in the U.S. and Europe for the calendar year, according to The NPD Group, Charttrack and Gfk.
· In the U.S. and Europe, DJ Hero was the highest grossing new intellectual property launched in 2009, according to The NPD Group, Charttrack and Gfk.
· Activision Blizzard had two of the top five best-selling PC titles in dollars in the U.S. and Europe for the calendar year Call of Duty®: Modern Warfare 2 and Blizzard Entertainments World of Warcraft: Wrath of the Lich King, according to The NPD Group, Charttrack and Gfk.
· For the December quarter, Activision Blizzard was the #1 publisher overall in the U.S. and Europe and grew its share 1.7 points over the previous year across all platforms to 20.1%, according to The NPD Group, Charttrack and Gfk.
· During the December quarter, in the U.S. and Europe, Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 was the #1 best-selling console title in dollars and the Call of Duty franchise was the #1 franchise overall, according to The NPD Group, Charttrack and Gfk.
· In November 2009, Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 became the first video game ever to surpass $550 million in retail sales in its first five days of release, according to Activision Publishings internal estimates. To date, the game has sold more than $1 billion in retail sales worldwide, according to The NPD, Charttrack and Gfk.
· On November 17, 2009, Activision Publishing announced the appointments of industry veterans Glen A. Schofield as Vice President and General Manager and Michael Condrey as Vice President and COO of Sledgehammer Games, a new wholly-owned game development studio located in Foster City, California.
· On December 14, 2009, Activision Publishing announced that the company is currently in development on a new open world True Crime game inspired by classic Hollywood and Asian cinema-style action thrillers. The game which is being developed by United Front Games is expected to launch later this year.
· As of December 31, 2009, approximately 11.5 million gamers worldwide are subscribed to play Blizzard Entertainments World of Warcraft.
· As of December 31, 2009, Activision Blizzard completed its $1.25 billion authorized stock repurchase program. The company purchased approximately 115 million shares of common stock at an average price of $10.87 per share since the programs inception in November 2008.
· On February 2, 2010, Activision Publishing announced that David Haddad, Chief Operating Officer of Guitar Hero, has assumed the operational responsibilities for the Guitar Hero business unit.
This excerpt taken from the ATVI 8-K filed Aug 5, 2009.
Guitar Hero was the #1 third-party franchise in North America and Europe for the first six months of the calendar year, according to the NPD Group, Charttrack and Gfk.
· On April 6, 2009, Activision Publishing acquired 7 Studios whose experience will enable Activision Publishing to broaden its development capabilities in the musicbased genre.
· On April 16, 2009, Blizzard Entertainment announced that its massively multiplayer online role-playing game (MMORPG) World of Warcraft will be licensed to an affiliated company of NetEase.com, Inc. in mainland China for a term of three years. On July 16, 2009, Blizzard Entertainment and NetEase announced that the game is ready to relaunch pending receipt of the necessary approval from the Chinese government.
· On July 9, 2009, Activision Blizzard celebrated its one-year anniversary as a combined company.
· On July 31, 2009, Activision Blizzards Board of Directors authorized an increase of $250 million to the companys stock repurchase program bringing the total authorization to $1.25 billion. As of June 30, 2009, Activision Blizzard had purchased $668 million, or approximately 64 million shares, of common stock at an average price of $10.41, under its stock repurchase program.
This excerpt taken from the ATVI 8-K filed Feb 11, 2009.
Guitar Hero® Metallica enables players to experience the intensity and skill of Metallica, one of the greatest heavy metal bands of all time, as well as 20 other bands hand-picked by Metallica for their influence on the bands music. The game will be released for the Xbox 360 video game system from Microsoft, PlayStationÒ3 computer entertainment system and Nintendo Wii . Additionally, the company will release Monsters vs. Aliens, based on DreamWorks Animations upcoming 3D movie, for the PlayStation 2 computer entertainment system, PlayStation 3 computer entertainment system, Xbox 360 video game system from Microsoft, Nintendo Wii, Nintendo DS, and Games for Windows PC.
Due to current macroeconomic conditions, the companys outlook is subject to significant risks and uncertainties including declines in demand for the companys products, fluctuations in foreign exchange rates, and counterparty risks relating to customers, licensees, licensors and manufacturers. The companys outlook is also based on assumptions about sell through rates for the companys products, the new slate of products and progress in integrating operations following the companys recent business combination transaction. As a result of these and other factors, actual results may deviate materially from the outlook presented below.
Activision Blizzard Announces Calendar Year 2008 and December Quarter Results
For calendar 2009, Activision Blizzard expects GAAP net revenues of $4.2 billion, and GAAP earnings per diluted share of $0.22. On a non-GAAP basis, the company expects net revenues of $4.7 billion for the calendar year. The revenue outlook includes a reduction of more than $200 million in revenue from the companys lower margin distribution and the co-publishing businesses and a negative year-over-year impact of more than $400 million from a stronger dollar. On a constant exchange rate basis, however, the company expects another year of Non-GAAP revenue growth. The companys non-GAAP earnings per diluted share are expected to be $0.61 for the calendar year.
For the March quarter 2009, Activision Blizzard expects GAAP net revenues of $860 million, and GAAP earnings per diluted share of $0.08. On a non-GAAP basis, the company expects net revenues of $550 million and $0.03 earnings per diluted share for the March quarter.
This excerpt taken from the ATVI 10-Q filed Feb 11, 2008.
Guitar Hero III: Legends of Rock and Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare. According to the NPD Group, Guitar Hero III: Legends of
This excerpt taken from the ATVI 8-K filed Nov 6, 2006.
Guitar Hero II for the PlayStation 2 computer entertainment system features more songs, more venues and a lot more rocking, as well as additional multiplayer modes in which two guitarists can play lead and rhythm or bass tracks together.
Additionally, Activision will be releasing several handheld titles including GUN Showdown and Activision® Hits Remixed for the PSP; and Over the Hedge: Hammy Goes Nuts! for the PSP, Nintendo DS and Game Boy Advance; and Spider-Man: Battle for New York for the Nintendo DS and Game Boy Advance.
This excerpt taken from the ATVI 8-K filed May 9, 2006.
Guitar Hero franchise, places us in a position today to capitalize on the millions of current-generation systems in the market. Just as we lead the industry in making music an integral part of the game experience, we will now be making music itself a game, which is appealing to audiences all around the world.
RedOctane is incredibly excited about joining forces with Activision to lead the industry in the music-based gaming category, said Kai Huang, President and Co-Founder of RedOctane, Inc.
Charles Huang, COO and Co-Founder of RedOctane, Inc., added, The powerful combination of our deep understanding of the music-based gaming category and Activisions global publishing infrastructure will enable us to realize our vision to remain the leader in music-gaming space.
Page 2 of 4
Activision Acquires RedOctane and Guitar Hero
Under the terms of the agreement, RedOctane will become a wholly owned subsidiary of Activision and the companys management team and key employees will sign long-term employment contracts with Activision. RedOctane will continue to be based in Sunnyvale, CA. The transaction is expected to close during the current fiscal quarter. The closing of the transaction is subject to various specific and general closing conditions. North Point Advisors acted as financial advisor to RedOctane. Financial terms of the agreement were not disclosed. Activision does not expect that this acquisition will have a material impact on its fiscal year 2007 earnings outlook.
EXCERPTS ON THIS PAGE: