This excerpt taken from the ATVI 8-K filed Aug 5, 2009.
Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen were respectively the #1 and #2 best-selling movie games released on the same dates as their respective theatrical films in North America for the second quarter, according to the NPD Group.
· Guitar Hero was the #1 third-party franchise in North America and Europe for the first six months of the calendar year, according to the NPD Group, Charttrack and Gfk.
· On April 6, 2009, Activision Publishing acquired 7 Studios whose experience will enable Activision Publishing to broaden its development capabilities in the musicbased genre.
· On April 16, 2009, Blizzard Entertainment announced that its massively multiplayer online role-playing game (MMORPG) World of Warcraft will be licensed to an affiliated company of NetEase.com, Inc. in mainland China for a term of three years. On July 16, 2009, Blizzard Entertainment and NetEase announced that the game is ready to relaunch pending receipt of the necessary approval from the Chinese government.
· On July 9, 2009, Activision Blizzard celebrated its one-year anniversary as a combined company.
· On July 31, 2009, Activision Blizzards Board of Directors authorized an increase of $250 million to the companys stock repurchase program bringing the total authorization to $1.25 billion. As of June 30, 2009, Activision Blizzard had purchased $668 million, or approximately 64 million shares, of common stock at an average price of $10.41, under its stock repurchase program.