This excerpt taken from the EYE 8-K filed Feb 13, 2007.
ADVANCED MEDICAL OPTICS ANNOUNCES
· 2006 Net Sales Rise 8.3% to $997.5 Million; 2006 GAAP EPS of $1.21
· Q4 IOL Sales Rise 15.2%, Led by Tecnis® and ReZoom IOLs
· $14.4 Million in Q4 Refractive IOL Sales up 62%; 2006 Sales Total $49.2 Million
· 2006 LVC Sales Growth of 76.9% Reflects VISX Acquisition, International Expansion
· Global CustomVue Penetration Drives Q4 LVC Procedure Sales Up 14.7%
· 2006 Eye Care Sales Decline 13.1% Due to Rationalization and Recall
· Company Reiterates 2007, 2008 Revenue and Adjusted EPS Guidance
· Company Begins 2007 with Announcements of Strategic Acquisitions of IntraLase and WaveFront Sciences
(SANTA ANA, CA), February 13, 2007 Advanced Medical Optics, Inc. (AMO) [NYSE: EYE], a global leader in ophthalmic surgical devices and eye care products, today announced financial results for the fourth quarter and full year 2006.
AMO 2006 net sales rose 8.3 percent to $997.5 million. The rise reflects the May 2005 acquisition of VISX, Incorporated and subsequent international expansion of the companys laser vision correction (LVC) business, as well as increased demand for the companys premium intraocular lenses (IOLs) and proprietary phacoemulsification systems. Net sales growth in 2006 was partially offset by a loss of sales following the companys November 2006 eye care recall, a reduction in net sales related to the companys business rationalization efforts and a 0.2 percent decline related to foreign currency.