This excerpt taken from the EYE 8-K filed Jan 10, 2007.
The addition of the IntraLase femtosecond laser technology into AMOs portfolio of refractive technologies complements AMOs fundamental growth strategy. Key benefits are expected to include:
· Builds a clearly differentiated position in the ophthalmic industry, uniquely positioning AMO as the eye care professionals complete refractive solution, with a suite of corneal and lens-based products and services that address a lifetime of refractive vision needs.
· Serves practitioners and patients across the globe by linking AMOs market-leading Advanced CustomVue laser vision correction procedure and market-leading IntraLase femtosecond laser innovations to define a new standard of care: custom all-laser LASIK, a procedure that delivers superior clinical outcomes and enhances surgeon productivity.
· Optimizes cross-selling opportunities between installed bases of both companies.
· Combines R&D expertise in excimer lasers, femtosecond lasers, diagnostics and optics.
· Blends two companies infrastructures and core competencies to improve operating leverage and create strong platforms for international expansion.