Alcon Inc. 6-K 2011
Documents found in this filing:
SECURITIES AND EXCHANGE COMMISSION
Washington, D.C. 20549
REPORT OF FOREIGN PRIVATE ISSUER PURSUANT TO RULE 13a-16 OR 15d-16 UNDER THE SECURITIES EXCHANGE ACT OF 1934
For the month ofApril 2011
Commission File Number 001-31269
(Translation of registrant's name into English)
P.O. Box 62
6331 Hünenberg, Switzerland
(Address of principal executive offices)
Indicate by check mark whether the registrant files or will file annual reports under cover Form 20-F or Form 40-F.
Indicate by check mark if the registrant is submitting the Form 6-K in paper as permitted by Regulation S-T Rule 101(b) (1): ____
Indicate by check mark if the registrant is submitting the Form 6-K in paper as permitted by Regulation S-T Rule 101(b) (7): ____
Indicate by check mark whether the registrant by furnishing the information contained in this Form is also thereby furnishing the information to the Commission pursuant to Rule 12g3-2(b) under the Securities Exchange Act of 1934.
If "Yes" is marked, indicate below the file number assigned to the registrant in connection with Rule 12g3-2(b): 82- ______
The Annual General Meeting of the Shareholders of Alcon, Inc. was held on April 7, 2011 in Zug, Switzerland. At the meeting, the shareholders approved all of the items proposed for their consideration as follows:
1. The merger agreement, dated as of December 14, 2010, entered into by and between Alcon, Inc. and Novartis AG, a company organized under the laws of Switzerland.
2. The 2010 Business Report (Geschäftsbericht), including the operating review (Jahresbericht), the Swiss statutory financial statements of Alcon, Inc. (Jahresrechnung) and the consolidated financial statements of Alcon, Inc. and its subsidiaries (Konzernrechnung).
3. Discharge of the current and former members of the Board of Directors of Alcon, Inc. for their term of office from January 1, 2010 up to April 1, 2011.
4. Re-election of KPMG AG, Zug, Switzerland, as Auditors for the period between the Annual General Meeting of the Shareholders of Alcon, Inc. and the completion of the merger of Alcon, Inc. with and into Novartis AG.
5. Re-election of each of Thomas G. Plaskett, Cary R. Rayment, Dr. Enrico Vanni, Dr. Daniel Vasella and Norman Walker to the Board of Directors of Alcon, Inc. for the period between the Annual General Meeting of the Shareholders of Alcon, Inc. and the completion of the merger of Alcon, Inc. with and into Novartis AG.
Attached as Exhibit 99.1 is a press release issued by Alcon, Inc. on April 7, 2011 and attached as Exhibit 99.2 are the AGM presentation slides.
Pursuant to the requirements of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934, the registrant has duly caused this report to be signed on its behalf by the undersigned, thereunto duly authorized.