Related Articles


Headquartered in Queensbury, New York and founded in 1988, AngioDynamics, Inc. (ANGO) was a wholly-owned division of E-Z-EM, Inc. In June 2004, ANGO became a publicly traded company. In October 2004, E-Z-EM distributed all of its remaining shares to shareholders. ANGO is engaged in the designing, development, manufacture, and marketing of therapeutic and diagnostic devices to treat peripheral vascular disease (PVD) and other noncoronary diseases. PVD is a condition in which the arteries or veins that carry blood to and from the legs, arms and non-cardiac organs (kidney, intestines, and brain) become narrowed, obstructed or ballooned. Current product lines primarily include angiographic products and accessories, including angiographic catheters, and uncoated, Teflon-coated, and hydrophilic-coated guidewires to support its angiographic catheter line dialysis products, including catheters that provide short- and long-term vascular access for dialysis patients vascular access products and venous products used in endovascular laser procedures to treat venous insufficiency of the great saphenous vein and Sotradecol, a sclerosing drug. The company also offers thrombolytic catheters that are used to deliver thrombolytic agents, which are drugs that dissolve blood clots in hemodialysis access grafts, arteries, veins, and surgical bypass grafts percutaneous transluminal angioplasty dilation balloon catheters intra-vascular devices to measure blood flow in dialysis access sites during an access site clearing procedure and drainage catheters. These products are sold, for minimally-invasive therapies by interventional radiologists and other physicians, in the United States and internationally in 33 markets through a network of distributors and 96 direct sales reps. For FY07, the company generated revenue of $112.2 million interventional products contributed approximately 90% while oncology contributed the remaining 10%. Geographically, U.S. sales were 94% of the total with international sales contributing the balance.

With the acquisition of RITA Medical in January 2007, ANGO has transitioned RITA and ANGO's product line management into two new divisions: interventional and oncology. Interventional product sales include existing Angiographic, Thrombolytic, Dialysis, IGVA, PTA, Venous, and Drainage product lines along with RITA's Port product line as well as the Hemodialysis Catheter, Venous Catheter, Needles, and PICC products, while the Oncology product group is comprised of the remaining RITA product lines, which include the RFA, Embolization, and Surgical Resection products. Individual product sales are no longer being disclosed in separate disclosure.


Wikinvest © 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012. Use of this site is subject to express Terms of Service, Privacy Policy, and Disclaimer. By continuing past this page, you agree to abide by these terms. Any information provided by Wikinvest, including but not limited to company data, competitors, business analysis, market share, sales revenues and other operating metrics, earnings call analysis, conference call transcripts, industry information, or price targets should not be construed as research, trading tips or recommendations, or investment advice and is provided with no warrants as to its accuracy. Stock market data, including US and International equity symbols, stock quotes, share prices, earnings ratios, and other fundamental data is provided by data partners. Stock market quotes delayed at least 15 minutes for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and AMEX. Market data by Xignite. See data providers for more details. Company names, products, services and branding cited herein may be trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective owners. The use of trademarks or service marks of another is not a representation that the other is affiliated with, sponsors, is sponsored by, endorses, or is endorsed by Wikinvest.
Powered by MediaWiki