Apple 8-K 2013
SECURITIES AND EXCHANGE COMMISSION
Washington, D.C. 20549
Pursuant to Section 13 or 15(d) of the
Securities Exchange Act of 1934
February 27, 2013
Date of Report (Date of earliest event reported)
(Exact Name of Registrant as Specified in its Charter)
1 Infinite Loop
Cupertino, California 95014
(Address of Principal Executive Offices) (Zip Code)
(Registrants Telephone Number, Including Area Code)
(Former name or former address, if changed since last report.)
Check the appropriate box below if the Form 8-K filing is intended to simultaneously satisfy the filing obligation of the registrant under any of the following provisions:
The Annual Meeting of Shareholders (the Annual Meeting) of Apple Inc. (the Company) was held on February 27, 2013. At the Annual Meeting, the shareholders voted on the following five proposals and cast their votes as described below.
1. The individuals listed below were elected at the Annual Meeting to serve as directors of the Company until the next annual meeting of shareholders and until their successors are duly elected and qualified.
2. A management proposal to amend the Companys articles of incorporation, which was included in the Companys proxy materials, was withdrawn and no vote was taken.
3. A management proposal to ratify the appointment of Ernst & Young LLP as the Companys independent registered public accounting firm for 2013, as described in the proxy materials. This proposal was approved.
4. A non-binding, advisory resolution to approve executive compensation, as described in the proxy materials. This proposal was approved.
5. A shareholder proposal entitled Executives to Retain Significant Stock, as described in the proxy materials. This proposal was not approved.
6. A shareholder proposal entitled Board Committee on Human Rights, as described in the proxy materials. This proposal was not approved.
Pursuant to the requirements of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934, the Registrant has duly caused this report to be signed on its behalf by the undersigned, thereunto duly authorized.