This excerpt taken from the AAPL DEF 14A filed Apr 16, 2007.
To Holders of Common Stock of Apple Inc.:
Notice is hereby given that the Annual Meeting of Shareholders of Apple Inc., a California corporation (the Company), will be held on Thursday, May 10, 2007 at 10:00 a.m., local time, at the Companys principal executive offices located at 1 Infinite Loop, Building 4, Cupertino, California 95014, for the following purposes, as more fully described in the accompanying Proxy Statement:
1. To elect the Companys Board of Directors.
2. To approve amendments to the Apple Inc. 2003 Employee Stock Plan.
3. To approve amendments to the Apple Inc. Employee Stock Purchase Plan.
4. To approve amendments to the Apple Inc. 1997 Director Stock Option Plan.
5. To ratify the appointment of KPMG LLP as the Companys independent registered public accounting firm for fiscal year 2007.
6. To consider six shareholder proposals if properly presented at the meeting.
7. To transact such other business as may properly come before the meeting and any postponement(s) or adjournment(s) thereof.
All shareholders are cordially invited to attend the meeting in person. However, to ensure that each shareholders vote is counted at the meeting, shareholders are requested to mark, sign, date and return the enclosed proxy card as promptly as possible in the envelope provided. Shareholders attending the meeting may vote in person even if they have previously returned proxy cards.
Only shareholders of record as of the close of business on March 20, 2007 are entitled to receive notice of, to attend and to vote at the meeting.
April 16, 2007