This excerpt taken from the ACGL 10-Q filed Nov 10, 2008.
restrictions as set forth in the governing instruments of the Company, applicable United States federal and state securities laws or any other applicable laws or regulations and the terms and conditions hereof.
4. Expenses of Issuance of Shares. The issuance of stock certificates hereunder shall be without charge to the Employee. The Company shall pay any issuance, stamp or documentary taxes (other than transfer taxes) or charges imposed by any governmental body, agency or official (other than income taxes) or by reason of the issuance of Shares.
5. Withholding. The Employee shall pay to the Company or make arrangements satisfactory to the Committee regarding payment of any federal, state or local taxes of any kind required by law to be withheld with respect to the Award and the Company shall, to the extent permitted or required by law, have the right to deduct from any payment of any kind otherwise due to the Employee, federal, state and local taxes of any kind required by law to be withheld.
6. References. References herein to rights and obligations of the Employee shall apply, where appropriate, to the Employees legal representative or estate without regard to whether specific reference to such legal representative or estate is contained in a particular provision of this Agreement.
7. Notices. Any notice required or permitted to be given under this Agreement shall be in writing and shall be deemed to have been given when delivered personally or by courier, or sent by certified or registered mail, postage prepaid, return receipt requested, duly addressed to the party concerned at the address indicated below or to such changed address as such party may subsequently by similar process give notice of:
If to the Company:
Arch Capital Group Ltd.
If to the Employee:
To the last address delivered to the Company by the Employee in the manner set forth herein.
8. Governing Law. This Agreement shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of New York, without giving effect to principles of conflict of laws.
9. Entire Agreement. This Agreement and the Plan constitute the entire agreement among the parties relating to the subject matter hereof, and any previous agreement or