Annual Reports

Quarterly Reports


  • 8-K (Feb 22, 2018)
  • 8-K (Feb 1, 2018)
  • 8-K (Nov 15, 2017)
  • 8-K (Nov 13, 2017)
  • 8-K (Oct 31, 2017)
  • 8-K (Aug 3, 2017)


AvalonBay Communities 8-K 2007

Documents found in this filing:

  1. 8-K
  2. Ex-99.1
  3. Graphic
  4. Graphic





Washington, D.C. 20549






Pursuant to Section 13 or 15(d) of

the Securities Exchange Act of 1934



Date of Report (Date of earliest event reported)        September 7, 2007




(Exact Name of Registrant as Specified in Its Charter)





(State or Other Jurisdiction of Incorporation)








(Commission File Number)




(I.R.S. Employer Identification No.)











2900 Eisenhower Avenue, Suite 300, Alexandria, Virginia



(Address of Principal Executive Offices)


(Zip Code)


Registrant’s telephone number, including area code      (703) 329-6300



Check the appropriate box below if the Form 8-K filing is intended to simultaneously satisfy the filing obligation of the registrant under any of the following provisions:

o            Written communications pursuant to Rule 425 under the Securities Act (17 CFR 230.425)

o            Soliciting material pursuant to Rule 14a-12 under the Exchange Act (17 CFR 240.14a-12)

o            Pre-commencement communications pursuant to Rule 14d-2(b) under the Exchange Act (17 CFR 240.14d-2(b))

o            Pre-commencement communications pursuant to Rule 13e-4(c) under the Exchange Act (17 CFR 240.13e-4(c))




ITEM 5.02             Departure of Directors or Certain Officers; Election of Directors; Appointment of Certain Officers; Compensatory Arrangements of Certain Officers

On September 7, 2007, the Board of Directors of AvalonBay Communities, Inc. appointed Peter S. Rummell to the Board of Directors, effective September 18, 2007.  A press release announcing his appointment is attached as Exhibit 99.1.

In connection with this appointment, the Board of Directors also increased the size of the Board from nine directors to ten directors.  Mr. Rummell will serve as an independent director and has not been appointed to any Board committees at this time.  Upon joining the Board, Mr. Rummell will receive a stock award of 564 shares of Common Stock, to be awarded under a restricted stock agreement in substantially the same form used for current non-employee directors of the Company.  Of such shares, 20% will be vested immediately, and the remaining 80% will vest in four equal annual installments on May 23 of each of the next four years.  Mr. Rummell will also receive the same cash compensation as is paid to other directors of the Company after September 18, 2007.

In connection with Mr. Rummell’s appointment to the Board of Directors, Mr. Rummell and the Company will enter into an Indemnification Agreement in substantially the same form previously filed as an exhibit to the Company’s Annual Report on Form 10-K for the year ended December 31, 2006.

ITEM 9.01             Financial Statements and Exhibits

(d)                                 Exhibits.

Exhibit No.










Press Release of AvalonBay Communities, Inc. dated September 10, 2007. (Filed herewith)



Pursuant to the requirements of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934, the Registrant has duly caused this report to be signed on its behalf by the undersigned hereunto duly authorized.














/s/ Bryce Blair



Bryce Blair



Chairman and Chief Executive Officer




Date: September 11, 2007




ITEM 9.01             Financial Statements and Exhibits

(d)         Exhibits.

Exhibit No.










Press Release of AvalonBay Communities, Inc. dated September 10, 2007. (Filed herewith)



Wikinvest © 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012. Use of this site is subject to express Terms of Service, Privacy Policy, and Disclaimer. By continuing past this page, you agree to abide by these terms. Any information provided by Wikinvest, including but not limited to company data, competitors, business analysis, market share, sales revenues and other operating metrics, earnings call analysis, conference call transcripts, industry information, or price targets should not be construed as research, trading tips or recommendations, or investment advice and is provided with no warrants as to its accuracy. Stock market data, including US and International equity symbols, stock quotes, share prices, earnings ratios, and other fundamental data is provided by data partners. Stock market quotes delayed at least 15 minutes for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and AMEX. Market data by Xignite. See data providers for more details. Company names, products, services and branding cited herein may be trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective owners. The use of trademarks or service marks of another is not a representation that the other is affiliated with, sponsors, is sponsored by, endorses, or is endorsed by Wikinvest.
Powered by MediaWiki