BMS » Topics » Overview

This excerpt taken from the BMS 8-K filed Jul 20, 2009.

Overview

Bemis Company, Inc. is a leading global manufacturer of flexible packaging and pressure sensitive materials supplying a variety of markets.  Generally about 60 percent of our total company net sales are to customers in the food industry.  Sales of our flexible packaging products are widely diversified among food categories and can be found in nearly every aisle of the grocery store.  Other markets into which we sell our flexible packaging products include medical devices, personal care, and lawn and garden.  Our emphasis on supplying packaging to the food industry has historically provided a more stable market environment for our flexible packaging business segment, which accounts for about 83 percent of our net sales. The remaining 17 percent of our net sales is from the pressure sensitive materials business segment which, while diversified in end use products, is less focused on food industry applications and more exposed to economically sensitive end markets.

 

The markets into which our products are sold are highly competitive.  Our leading flexible packaging market positions in North and South America reflect our focus on expanding our offering of value-added, proprietary products.  We also manufacture products that are less unique but for which our technical know-how and economies of scale offer us a competitive advantage.  The primary raw materials for our business segments are polymer resins, films, paper, ink, and adhesives.

 

This excerpt taken from the BMS 10-Q filed May 11, 2009.

Overview

 

Bemis Company, Inc. is a leading global manufacturer of flexible packaging and pressure sensitive materials supplying a variety of markets.  Generally about 60 percent of our total company net sales are to customers in the food industry.  Our products are used to package or label items in nearly every aisle of the grocery store, including both branded and private label products.

 

These excerpts taken from the BMS 10-K filed Feb 27, 2009.

Overview

 

Bemis Company, Inc. is a leading global manufacturer of flexible packaging and pressure sensitive materials supplying a variety of markets.  Generally about 60 percent of our total company net sales are to customers in the food industry.  Sales of our flexible packaging products are widely diversified among food categories and can be found in nearly every aisle of the grocery store.  Other markets into which we sell our flexible packaging products include medical devices, personal care, and lawn and garden.  Our emphasis on supplying packaging to the food industry has historically provided a more stable market environment for our flexible packaging business segment, which accounts for about 83 percent of our net sales. The remaining 17 percent of our net sales is from the pressure sensitive materials business segment which, while diversified in end use products, is less focused on food industry applications and more exposed to economically sensitive end markets.

 

The markets into which our products are sold are highly competitive.  Our leading flexible packaging market positions in North and South America reflect our focus on expanding our offering of value-added, proprietary products.  We also manufacture products that are less unique but for which our technical know-how and economies of scale offer us a competitive advantage.  The primary raw materials for our business segments are polymer resins, films, paper, ink, and adhesives.

 

Overview



 



Bemis
Company, Inc. is a leading global manufacturer of flexible packaging and
pressure sensitive materials supplying a variety of markets.  Generally about 60 percent of our total
company net sales are to customers in the food industry.  Sales of our flexible packaging products are
widely diversified among food categories and can be found in nearly every aisle
of the grocery store.  Other markets into
which we sell our flexible packaging products include medical devices, personal
care, and lawn and garden.  Our emphasis
on supplying packaging to the food industry has historically provided a more
stable market environment for our flexible packaging business segment, which
accounts for about 83 percent of our net sales. The remaining 17 percent of our
net sales is from the pressure sensitive materials business segment which,
while diversified in end use products, is less focused on food industry
applications and more exposed to economically sensitive end markets.



 



The
markets into which our products are sold are highly competitive.  Our leading flexible packaging market
positions in North and South America reflect our focus on expanding our
offering of value-added, proprietary products. 
We also manufacture products that are less unique but for which our
technical know-how and economies of scale offer us a competitive
advantage.  The primary raw materials for
our business segments are polymer resins, films, paper, ink, and adhesives.



 



This excerpt taken from the BMS 10-Q filed Nov 10, 2008.

Overview

 

Bemis Company, Inc. is a leading global manufacturer of flexible packaging and pressure sensitive materials supplying a variety of markets.  Approximately 60 percent of our total company net sales are to customers in the food industry.  Other markets for our products include health and hygiene, lawn and garden, medical devices, pharmaceutical, construction, graphic display and signage, and industrial markets.

 

This excerpt taken from the BMS 10-Q filed Aug 5, 2008.

Overview

 

Bemis Company, Inc. is a leading global manufacturer of flexible packaging and pressure sensitive materials supplying a variety of markets.  Generally about 60 percent of our total company net sales are to customers in the food industry.  Other markets for our products include health and hygiene, lawn and garden, medical devices, pharmaceutical, construction, graphic display and signage, and industrial markets.

 

This excerpt taken from the BMS 10-Q filed May 9, 2008.

Overview

 

Bemis Company, Inc. is a leading global manufacturer of flexible packaging and pressure sensitive materials supplying a variety of markets.  Generally about 60 percent of our total company net sales are to customers in the food industry.

 

Net sales for the first quarter ended March 31, 2008, were $947.3 million compared to $909.1 million in the first quarter 2007, a 4.2 percent increase. Net income totaled $42.3 million for the first quarter of 2008, compared to $48.3 million for the same period of 2007.  First quarter 2008 diluted earnings per share were $0.42 compared to $0.45 per share in the same period of 2007.

 

These excerpts taken from the BMS 10-K filed Feb 29, 2008.

Overview

 

Bemis Company, Inc. is a leading global manufacturer of flexible packaging and pressure sensitive materials supplying a variety of markets.  Generally about 60 percent of our total company net sales are to customers in the food industry.  Sales of our flexible packaging products are widely diversified among food categories and can be found in nearly every aisle of the grocery store.  Other markets into which we sell our flexible packaging products include medical devices, personal care, and lawn and garden.  Our emphasis on supplying packaging to the food industry has historically provided a more stable market environment for our flexible packaging business segment, which accounts for about 82 percent of our net sales. The remaining 18 percent of our net sales is from the pressure sensitive materials business segment which, while diversified in end use products, is less focused on food industry applications and more exposed to economically sensitive end markets.

 

Overview



 



Bemis Company, Inc. is a leading global
manufacturer of flexible packaging and pressure sensitive materials supplying a
variety of markets.  Generally about 60
percent of our total company net sales are to customers in the food
industry.  Sales of our flexible
packaging products are widely diversified among food categories and can be
found in nearly every aisle of the grocery store.  Other markets into which we sell our flexible
packaging products include medical devices, personal care, and lawn and garden.  Our emphasis on supplying packaging to the
food industry has historically provided a more stable market environment for
our flexible packaging business segment, which accounts for about 82 percent of
our net sales. The remaining 18 percent of our net sales is from the pressure
sensitive materials business segment which, while diversified in end use
products, is less focused on food industry applications and more exposed to
economically sensitive end markets.



 



This excerpt taken from the BMS 10-Q filed Nov 9, 2007.

Overview

 

Bemis Company, Inc. is a leading global manufacturer of flexible packaging and pressure sensitive materials supplying a variety of markets, including food, consumer products, and medical products. Generally about 60 percent of our total company net sales are to customers in the food industry.

 

This excerpt taken from the BMS 10-Q filed Aug 8, 2007.

Overview

Bemis Company, Inc. is a leading global manufacturer of flexible packaging and pressure sensitive materials supplying a variety of markets.  Generally about 60 percent of our total company net sales are to customers in the food industry.

This excerpt taken from the BMS 10-Q filed May 10, 2007.

Overview

Bemis Company, Inc. is a leading global manufacturer of flexible packaging and pressure sensitive materials supplying a variety of markets. Generally about 60 percent of our total company net sales are to customers in the food industry.

Net sales for the first quarter ended March 31, 2007, were $909.1 million compared to $901.6 million in the first quarter of 2006, a 0.8 percent increase. Net income totaled $48.3 million for the first quarter of 2007, compared to $37.8 million for the same period of 2006. Net income included the impact of a pre-tax restructuring net gain of $0.5 million for the first quarter of 2007, and a charge of $11.3 million for the first quarter of 2006. First quarter 2007 diluted earnings per share were $0.45, an increase of 28.0 percent compared to $0.35 per share in the same period of 2006.

This excerpt taken from the BMS 10-K filed Mar 1, 2007.

Overview

Bemis Company, Inc. is a leading global manufacturer of flexible packaging and pressure sensitive materials supplying a variety of markets.  Generally about 60 percent of our total company net sales are to customers in the food industry.  Sales of our flexible packaging products are widely diversified among food categories and can be found in nearly every aisle of the grocery store.  Other markets into which we sell our flexible packaging products include medical devices, personal care, and lawn and garden.  Our emphasis on supplying packaging to the food industry provides a more stable market environment for our flexible packaging business segment, which accounts for about 82 percent of our net sales. The remaining 18 percent of our net sales is from the pressure sensitive materials business segment which, while diversified in end use products, is less focused on food industry applications and more exposed to economically sensitive end markets.

This excerpt taken from the BMS 10-Q filed Nov 8, 2006.

Overview

Bemis Company, Inc. is a leading global manufacturer of flexible packaging and pressure sensitive materials supplying a variety of markets.  Generally about 60 percent of our total company net sales are to customers in the food industry.

Third quarter 2006 diluted earnings per share were $0.45, an increase of 9.8 percent compared to $0.41 per share in the same period of 2005.  Net sales for the third quarter ended September 30, 2006, were $903.3 million compared to $870.1 million in the third quarter 2005, a 3.8 percent increase.

This excerpt taken from the BMS 10-Q filed Aug 9, 2006.

Overview

Second quarter 2006 diluted earnings per share were $0.46, which included $0.05 per share of restructuring and related charges.  Excluding the impact of restructuring and related charges, diluted earnings per share would have been $0.51 per share for the second quarter of

2




2006 compared to $0.38 per share in the second quarter of 2005.  Net sales for the second quarter ended June 30, 2006, were $933.8 million compared to $879.9 million in the second quarter 2005, an increase of 6.1 percent.

This excerpt taken from the BMS 10-Q filed May 10, 2006.

Overview

First quarter 2006 diluted earnings per share was $0.35, which included $0.07 per share of restructuring and related charges. Excluding the impact of restructuring and related charges, earnings per share would have been $0.42 per share for the first quarter of 2006 compared to $0.30 per share in the first quarter of 2005. An 8.4 percent increase in net sales, from $831.9 million in the first quarter of 2005

 

2



 

to $901.6 million in the first quarter of 2006, primarily reflects the impact of higher selling prices and improved sales mix since the first quarter of 2005.

 

This excerpt taken from the BMS 10-K filed Mar 15, 2006.

Overview

 

Bemis Company, Inc. is a leading global manufacturer of flexible packaging and pressure sensitive materials supplying a variety of markets.  Generally about 60 percent of our total company net sales are to customers in the food industry.  Sales of our flexible packaging products are widely diversified among food categories and can be found in nearly every aisle of the grocery store.  Other markets into which we sell our flexible packaging products include medical devices, personal care, and lawn and garden.  Our emphasis on supplying packaging to the food industry provides a more stable market environment for our flexible packaging business segment, which accounts for about 82 percent of our net sales. The remaining 18 percent of our net sales is from the pressure sensitive materials business segment which, while diversified in end use products, is less focused on food industry applications and more exposed to economically sensitive end markets.  In recent years we have actively expanded our global reach with acquisitions and capital additions, growing net sales in non-U.S. markets from 23 percent in 2003 to 34 percent in 2005.

 

This excerpt taken from the BMS 10-Q filed Nov 7, 2005.

Overview

Third quarter 2005 diluted earnings per share was $0.41 compared to $0.41 per share in the third quarter of 2004.  A 22.2 percent increase in net sales compared to the third quarter of 2004 reflects a 6.0 percent increase from higher selling prices implemented to offset significant increases in raw material costs in addition to a 16.2 percent increase related to a January 2005 acquisition.  Increased raw material costs have reduced margins to offset the positive effects of the acquisition during 2005.

 

This excerpt taken from the BMS 10-Q filed Aug 9, 2005.

Overview

Bemis Company, Inc. is a leading manufacturer of flexible packaging and pressure sensitive materials supplying a variety of industries.  Generally about 75 percent of our total company net sales are to customers in the food and consumer products industries.  During the second quarter of 2005, diluted earnings per share decreased by 9.5 percent to $0.38 compared to $0.42 per share in the second quarter of 2004.  The decrease is primarily related to the impact of higher raw material prices and volume fluctuations in our flexible packaging business segment.

 

This excerpt taken from the BMS 10-Q filed May 10, 2005.

Overview

Bemis Company, Inc. is a leading manufacturer of flexible packaging and pressure sensitive materials supplying a variety of industries.  The food industry is our largest market, representing about 65 percent of our total net sales.  During the first quarter of 2005, diluted earnings per share decreased by 25.0 percent to $0.30 compared to $0.40 per share in the first quarter of 2004.  The decrease is primarily related to cost increases in flexible packaging raw materials that have temporarily outpaced our ability to adjust related selling prices.

 

This excerpt taken from the BMS 10-K filed Mar 11, 2005.

Overview

 

Bemis Company, Inc. is a leading manufacturer of flexible packaging and pressure sensitive materials supplying a variety of industries.  Generally about 65 percent of our total company net sales are to customers in the food industry.  Sales of our flexible packaging products are widely diversified among food categories and can be found in nearly every aisle of the grocery store.  Other markets into which we sell our flexible packaging products include medical devices, personal care, and lawn care.  Our emphasis on supplying packaging to the food industry provides a more stable market environment for our flexible packaging business segment, which accounts for about 80 percent of our net sales. The remaining 20 percent of our net sales is from the pressure sensitive materials business segment which, while diversified in end use products, is less focused on food industry applications and more exposed to economically sensitive end markets.

 

Wikinvest © 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012. Use of this site is subject to express Terms of Service, Privacy Policy, and Disclaimer. By continuing past this page, you agree to abide by these terms. Any information provided by Wikinvest, including but not limited to company data, competitors, business analysis, market share, sales revenues and other operating metrics, earnings call analysis, conference call transcripts, industry information, or price targets should not be construed as research, trading tips or recommendations, or investment advice and is provided with no warrants as to its accuracy. Stock market data, including US and International equity symbols, stock quotes, share prices, earnings ratios, and other fundamental data is provided by data partners. Stock market quotes delayed at least 15 minutes for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and AMEX. Market data by Xignite. See data providers for more details. Company names, products, services and branding cited herein may be trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective owners. The use of trademarks or service marks of another is not a representation that the other is affiliated with, sponsors, is sponsored by, endorses, or is endorsed by Wikinvest.
Powered by MediaWiki