This excerpt taken from the BLE DEF 14A filed Jul 17, 2009.
Chair; Functions of the Chair
The Chair will have the following responsibilities:
This excerpt taken from the BLE DEF 14A filed Jul 31, 2008.
L. Chair; Functions of the Chair
(1) The Chair will have the following responsibilities:
(2) The Chair will preside at all meetings of the Committee. Any designated alternate will preside in the Chairs absence.
(3) The Chair will be responsible for reviewing and providing direction on meeting agendas.
(4) The Chair will coordinate with the chairs of other committees as appropriate.
(5) The Chair, reflecting the views of Committee members, will engage BlackRock in a dialogue on the scope and contents of materials furnished to the Committee.
(6) The Chair will assist in identifying and bringing to the attention of the Chairman of the Board issues that should be considered by the Board of Directors, the Independent Directors or any other committee.
(7) At meetings of the Board of Directors the Chair will report on the Committees recommendations on applicable resolutions and on any important actions by or discussions at the Committee.
(8) The Chair will coordinate with counsel for the Funds on matters requiring legal advice, and will coordinate with counsel to the Independent Directors on matters involving conflicts of interest with BlackRock.