Boyd Gaming (NYSE: BYD) owns and operates 15 casinos in Nevada, Mississippi, Illinois, Louisiana, Indiana and Florida. They are also a 50% partner in The Borgata Hotel Casino and Spa in Atlantic City. the company operates 812,500 square feet of casino space, 21,400 slot machines, 425 table games, and 7,550 hotel rooms. Unlike other Casino operators such as Wynn Resorts (WYNN) or Las Vegas Sands (LVS) who tend to focus on higher end tourists, Boyd typically caters to the middle-income customer. Their Las Vegas properties also differ in that they target local Las Vegas residents, one of the strongest and fastest-growing gaming segments, and Hawaiian tourists. The company earned $1.6 billion in revenue and $4.2 million in net income in 2009.
BYD operates properties Mississippi, Illinois, Louisiana, Indiana and Florida. They also operate The Borgata in Atlantic City through a joint venture with MGM.
BYD's revenue has grown significantly in recent years through expansion, acquisitions of properties such as the Coast Casinos, and joint ventures such as The Borgata.
BYD has properties in Nevada, Mississippi, Illinois, Louisiana, Indiana and Florida, along with a joint venture in Atlantic City. While Las Vegas is still its largest market, the properties outside of Nevada provide some diversity to BYD's revenue.
Similar to many other casinos, Boyd generates a majority of revenue (nearly 75%) from gaming and the rest (remaining 25%) from dining, rooms, and other items.
The biggest project in the works is The Echelon on the Las Vegas Strip, which is being built where the Stardust Casino was tore down. The Echelon will include 5,000 rooms, 140,000 square feet of casino space, 750,000 square feet of convention space, and other features. Due to the economic environment, the company has been forced to delay construction.
BYD faces a lot of competition in Las Vegas and the other locations where it operates. While these companies have similar operations, BYD’s primary distinction is that it focuses on the middle income customer.
Harrah's Entertainment owns and operates 72 locations comprising nearly 3 million square feet of casino space as well as over 38,000 hotel rooms and suites across countries such as the U.S. Canada, the U.K., Egypt, and South America. In Las Vegas, the company owns 629,000 square feet of casino space and 20,300 rooms and suites at locations such as Bally’s, Caesar's Palace, Harrah’s, The Flamingo, and Paris. 
MGM owns and operates casino resorts in Las Vegas such as Bellagio, MGM Grand Las Vegas, Mandalay Bay, Mirage, Luxor, Treasure Island, New York-New York, Excalibur, Monte Carlo, Circus Circus Las Vegas and Slots-A-Fun. Other Nevada operations include Circus Circus Reno, Gold Strike in Jean, and Railroad Pass in Henderson. The Company has a 50% investment in Silver Legacy in Reno, which is adjacent to Circus Circus Reno. The Company also owns Shadow Creek, an exclusive world-class golf course located approximately ten miles north of its Las Vegas Strip resorts, and Primm Valley Golf Club at the California/Nevada state line.