This excerpt taken from the CDNS DEF 14A filed Apr 2, 2007.
To Be Held on May 9, 2007
TO THE STOCKHOLDERS OF
CADENCE DESIGN SYSTEMS, INC.:
NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that the Annual Meeting of Stockholders of CADENCE DESIGN SYSTEMS, INC., a Delaware corporation, will be held on May 9, 2007, at 1:00 p.m. Pacific time, at Cadences principal executive offices located at 2655 Seely Avenue, Building 5, San Jose, California 95134 for the following purposes:
1. To elect directors to serve until the 2008 Annual Meeting of Stockholders and until their successors are elected and qualified.
2. To approve the amendment and restatement of the 1987 Stock Incentive Plan to extend the term thereof.
3. To approve an amendment of the amended and restated 1987 Stock Incentive Plan to increase the number of shares of common stock reserved for issuance thereunder.
4. To consider and vote on a stockholder proposal, if properly presented at the meeting, requesting that the board of directors amend the companys governance documents to provide that director nominees be elected by the affirmative vote of the majority of votes cast.
5. To ratify the selection of KPMG LLP as independent auditors of Cadence for its fiscal year ending December 29, 2007.
6. To transact such other business as may properly come before the meeting or any adjournment or postponement thereof.
These items of business are more fully described in the proxy statement accompanying this notice.
Cadences Board of Directors has fixed the close of business on March 21, 2007 as the record date for the determination of stockholders entitled to notice of, and to vote at, this Annual Meeting of Stockholders and at any adjournment or postponement thereof.
By Order of the Board of Directors
R.L. Smith McKeithen
San Jose, California
April 2, 2007
ALL STOCKHOLDERS ARE CORDIALLY INVITED TO ATTEND THE MEETING IN PERSON. WHETHER OR NOT YOU EXPECT TO ATTEND THE MEETING, PLEASE COMPLETE, DATE, SIGN AND RETURN THE ENCLOSED PROXY AS PROMPTLY AS POSSIBLE TO ENSURE YOUR REPRESENTATION AT THE MEETING. A RETURN ENVELOPE (WHICH IS POSTAGE PREPAID IF MAILED IN THE UNITED STATES) IS ENCLOSED FOR THAT PURPOSE. EVEN IF YOU HAVE GIVEN YOUR PROXY, YOU MAY STILL VOTE IN PERSON IF YOU ATTEND THE MEETING. PLEASE NOTE, HOWEVER, THAT IF YOUR SHARES ARE HELD OF RECORD BY A BROKER, BANK OR OTHER NOMINEE AND YOU WISH TO VOTE AT THE MEETING, YOU MUST OBTAIN A PROXY ISSUED IN YOUR NAME FROM THE RECORD HOLDER.