This excerpt taken from the C 10-K filed Feb 22, 2008.
U.S. Consumer Mortgage Lending
The Companys U.S. Consumer mortgage portfolio consists of both first and second mortgages, originated primarily by the U.S. Consumer Lending and U.S. Retail Distribution businesses. As of December 31, 2007, the first mortgage portfolio totaled approximately $150 billion while the second mortgage portfolio was approximately $63 billion. Approximately 84% of the first mortgage portfolio had FICO (Fair Isaac Corporation) credit scores of at least 620 at origination; the remainder was originated with FICO scores of less than 620. In the second mortgage portfolio, the majority of loans are in the higher FICO categories. However, approximately 33% of that portfolio had loan-to-value ratios (LTVs) of 90% or more at origination.
In some cases, some specific portfolios have been excluded from or added to the information presented, generally due to differences in methodology or variations in the manner in which information is captured. We have noted such exclusions or additions in instances where the Company believes they are material to reconcile the information presented. U.S. Consumer mortgage lending disclosure excludes approximately $21 billion of consumer mortgage loans in Global Wealth Management (GWM). The GWM loans are primarily in the U.S. business and typically have better aggregate risk characteristics than those in the U.S. Consumer portfolio.
This excerpt taken from the C 10-Q filed Nov 5, 2007.
U.S. Consumer Mortgage Lending
The Company's U.S. Consumer Mortgage portfolio consists of both first and second mortgages. As of September 30, 2007, the first mortgage portfolio totaled approximately $155 billion, of which 84% ($131 billion) had a FICO (Fair Isaac Corporation) credit score of at least 620 at origination; the other 16% ($24 billion) were originated in the FICO<620 category, which is one working definition for "sub-prime" mortgages in the industry. The Company observed higher delinquencies in the under 620 FICO category (at origination), as well as across some higher FICO bands during the third quarter of 2007.
In the Company's $62 billion second mortgage portfolio, the vast majority of loans are in the higher FICO categories. However, the Company has approximately 34% ($21 billion) of its portfolio in the category where LTV>=90% at origination, where higher levels of delinquencies were observed during the third quarter of 2007.
In light of increased delinquencies in both its first and second mortgage portfolios during the first nine months of 2007, the Company has increased reserves for loans in these portfolios during this period of 2007. There were minimal changes in the (origination FICO/LTV) composition of the U.S. Consumer Mortgage portfolio from June 30, 2007 to September 30, 2007. The disclosures above exclude approximately $21 billion of consumer mortgage loans in Global Wealth Management (GWM). The GWM loans are largely in the U.S. and do not have any sub-prime classifications.
This excerpt taken from the C 10-K filed Feb 23, 2007.