This excerpt taken from the CCO 8-K filed Dec 11, 2009.
Events of Default and Remedies
The 2017 B Indenture will provide that each of the following is an Event of Default with respect to the 2017 B Notes:
(1) default in payment when due and payable, upon redemption, acceleration or otherwise, of principal of, or premium, if any, on the 2017 B Notes;
(2) default for 30 days or more in the payment when due of interest on or with respect to the 2017 B Notes;
(3) failure by the Issuer or any Guarantor for 60 days after receipt of written notice given by the Trustee or the Holders of not less than 25% in principal amount of the then outstanding 2017 B Notes (with a copy to the Trustee) to comply with any of its obligations, covenants or agreements (other than a default referred to in clauses (1) and (2) above and clause (9) below) contained in the 2017 B Indenture or the 2017 B Notes;
(4) default under any mortgage, indenture or instrument under which there is issued or by which there is secured or evidenced any Indebtedness for money borrowed by the Company or any of its Restricted Subsidiaries or the payment of which is guaranteed by the Company or any of its Restricted Subsidiaries, other than Indebtedness owed to the Company or a Restricted Subsidiary, whether such Indebtedness or guarantee now exists or is created after the issuance of the 2017 B Notes, if both:
(a) such default either results from the failure to pay any principal of such Indebtedness at its stated final maturity (after giving effect to any applicable grace periods) or relates to an obligation other than the obligation to pay principal of any such Indebtedness at its stated final maturity and results in the holder or holders of such Indebtedness causing such Indebtedness to become due prior to its stated final maturity; and
(b) the principal amount of such Indebtedness, together with the principal amount of any other such Indebtedness in default for failure to pay principal at stated final maturity (after giving effect to any applicable grace periods), or the maturity of which has been so accelerated, aggregate $35.0 million or more at any one time outstanding,
in each case, other than as a result of an Excluded Event;
(5) failure by the Company, the Issuer or any other Significant Party to pay final non-appealable judgments aggregating in excess of $35.0 million, which final judgments remain unpaid, undischarged and unstayed for a period of more than 90 days after such judgments become final, and in the event such judgment is covered by insurance, an enforcement proceeding has been commenced by any creditor upon such judgment or decree which is not promptly stayed;
(6) certain events of bankruptcy or insolvency with respect to the Company, the Issuer or any other Significant Party;
(7) failure of any Person required by the terms of the 2017 B Indenture to be a Guarantor as of the Issue Date to execute a supplemental indenture to the 2017 B Indenture within five Business Days following the Issue Date;
(8) the Guarantee of any Significant Party shall for any reason cease to be in full force and effect or be declared null and void or any responsible officer of any Guarantor that is a Significant Party, as the case may be, denies in writing that it has any further liability under its Guarantee or gives written notice to such effect, other than by reason of the termination of the 2017 B Indenture or the release of any such Guarantee in accordance with the 2017 B Indenture; and
(9) failure to maintain the Guarantor Liquidity Amount or the Non-Guarantor Liquidity Amount which failure continues for more than fifteen (15) consecutive business days; provided, however, that upon the event of a CCU Credit Event and during the continuance thereof, for the period that is the shorter of the continuance of the CCU Credit Event and 60 days after the occurrence of such CCU Credit Event, it shall not be an Event of Default if the Guarantor Liquidity Amount and the Non-Guarantor Liquidity Amount shall each be at least $25.0 million during such period.
If any Event of Default (other than of a type specified in clause (6) above with respect to the Company or the Issuer) occurs and is continuing under the 2017 B Indenture, the Trustee or the Holders of at least 25% in principal amount of the then total outstanding 2017 B Notes may declare the principal, premium, if any, interest and any other monetary obligations on all the then outstanding 2017 B Notes to be due and payable immediately.
Upon the effectiveness of such declaration, such principal and interest will be due and payable immediately. Notwithstanding the foregoing, in the case of an Event of Default arising under clause (6) of the first paragraph of this section with respect to the Company or the Issuer, all outstanding 2017 B Notes will become due and payable without further action or notice. The 2017 B Indenture will provide that the Trustee may withhold from the Holders notice of any continuing Default, except a Default relating to the payment of principal, premium, if any, or interest, if it determines that withholding notice is in their interest. In addition, the Trustee shall have no obligation to accelerate the 2017 B Notes if in the best judgment of the Trustee acceleration is not in the best interest of the Holders of the 2017 B Notes.
The 2017 B Indenture will provide that the Holders of a majority in aggregate principal amount of the then outstanding 2017 B Notes under the 2017 B Indenture by notice to the Trustee may on behalf of the Holders of all such 2017 B Notes waive any existing Default and its consequences under such Indenture (except a continuing Default in the payment of interest on, premium, if any, or the principal of any 2017 B Note held by a non-consenting Holder) and rescind any acceleration with respect to such 2017 B Notes and its consequences (except if such rescission would conflict with any judgment of a court of competent jurisdiction). In the event of any Event of Default specified in clause (4) above, such Event of Default and all consequences thereof (excluding any resulting payment default, other than as a result of acceleration of the 2017 B Notes) shall be annulled, waived and rescinded, automatically and without any action by the Trustee or the Holders, if within 20 days after such Event of Default arose:
(1) the Indebtedness or guarantee that is the basis for such Event of Default has been discharged; or
(2) holders thereof have rescinded or waived the acceleration, notice or action (as the case may be) giving rise to such Event of Default; or
(3) the default that is the basis for such Event of Default has been cured.
Subject to the provisions of the 2017 B Indenture relating to the duties of the Trustee thereunder, in case an Event of Default occurs and is continuing, the Trustee will be under no obligation to exercise any of the rights or powers under the 2017 B Indenture at the request or direction of any of the Holders of the 2017 B Notes outstanding thereunder unless the Holders have offered to the Trustee reasonable indemnity or security against any loss, liability or expense. Except to enforce the right to receive payment of principal, premium (if any) or interest when due, no Holder of a 2017 B Note may pursue any remedy with respect to the 2017 B Indenture or the 2017 B Notes unless:
(1) such Holder has previously given the Trustee notice that an Event of Default is continuing;
(2) Holders of at least 25% in principal amount of the total outstanding 2017 B Notes have requested the Trustee to pursue the remedy;
(3) Holders of the 2017 B Notes have offered the Trustee reasonable security or indemnity against any loss, liability or expense;
(4) the Trustee has not complied with such request within 60 days after the receipt thereof and the offer of security or indemnity; and
(5) Holders of a majority in principal amount of the total outstanding 2017 B Notes thereunder have not given the Trustee a direction inconsistent with such request within such 60-day period.
Subject to certain restrictions, under the 2017 B Indenture the Holders of a majority in principal amount of the then total outstanding 2017 B Notes thereunder are given the right to direct the time, method and place of conducting any proceeding for any remedy available to the Trustee or of exercising any trust or power conferred on the Trustee. The Trustee, however, may refuse to follow any direction that conflicts with law or the 2017 B Indenture or that the Trustee determines is unduly prejudicial to the rights of any other Holder of a 2017 B Note or that would involve the Trustee in personal liability.
The Company is required to deliver to the Trustee annually a statement regarding compliance with the 2017 B Indenture, and the Company is required, within five Business Days after becoming aware of any Default, to deliver to the Trustee a statement specifying such Default.