This excerpt taken from the CCI 8-K filed Jan 29, 2009.
SECTION 9.01. Without Consent of Holders. The Issuer and the Trustee may amend this Indenture or the Securities without notice to or consent of any Holder:
(1) to evidence the succession of another Person to the Issuer pursuant to Article V and the assumption by such successor of the Issuers covenants, agreements and obligations in this Indenture and in the Securities;
(2) to surrender any right or power conferred upon the Issuer by this Indenture, to add to the covenants of the Issuer such further covenants, restrictions, conditions or provisions for the protection of the Holders of all or any Series of Securities as the Boards of Directors of the Issuer shall consider to be for the protection of the Holders of such Securities, and to make the occurrence, or the occurrence and continuance, of a default in respect of any such additional covenants, restrictions, conditions or provisions a Default or an Event of Default under this Indenture; provided, however, that with respect to any such additional covenant, restriction, condition or provision, such amendment may provide for a period of grace after default, which may be shorter or longer than that allowed in the case of other Defaults, may provide for an immediate enforcement upon such Default, may limit the remedies available to the Trustee upon such Default or may limit the right of Holders of a majority in aggregate principal amount of the Securities of any Series to waive such default;
(3) to cure any ambiguity or correct or supplement any provision contained in this Indenture, in any supplemental indenture or in any Securities that may be defective or inconsistent with any other provision contained therein;
(4) to convey, transfer, assign, mortgage or pledge any property to or with the Trustee, or to make such other provisions in regard to matters or questions arising under this Indenture as shall not adversely affect the interests of any Holders of Securities of any Series;
(5) to modify or amend this Indenture in such a manner as to permit the qualification of this Indenture or any supplemental indenture under the Trust Indenture Act as then in effect;
(6) to add or to change any of the provisions of this Indenture to provide that Securities in bearer form may be registrable as to principal, to change or eliminate any restrictions on the payment of principal or premium with respect to Securities in registered form or of principal, premium or interest with respect to Securities in bearer form, or to permit Securities in registered form to be exchanged for Securities in bearer form, so as to not adversely affect the interests of the Holders of Securities or any coupons of any Series in any material respect or permit or facilitate the issuance of Securities of any Series in uncertificated form;
(7) in the case of subordinated Securities, to make any change in the provisions of this Indenture or any supplemental indenture relating to subordination that would limit or terminate the benefits available to any holder of senior Indebtedness under such provisions (but only if each such holder of senior Indebtedness consents to such change);
(8) to add Guarantees with respect to the Securities or to secure the Securities;
(9) to make any change that does not adversely affect the rights of any Holder;
(10) to add to, change, or eliminate any of the provisions of this Indenture with respect to one or more Series of Securities, so long as any such addition, change or elimination not otherwise permitted under this Indenture shall (A) neither apply to any Security of any Series created prior to the execution of such supplemental indenture and entitled to the benefit of such provision nor modify the rights of the Holders of any such Security with respect to the benefit of such provision or (B) become effective only when there is no such Security outstanding;
(11) to evidence and provide for the acceptance of appointment by a successor or separate Trustee with respect to the Securities of one or more Series and to add to or change any of the provisions of this Indenture as shall be necessary to provide for or facilitate the administration of this Indenture by more than one Trustee; or
(12) to establish the form or terms of Securities and coupons of any Series pursuant to Article II.
SECTION 9.02. With Consent of Holders. The Issuer and the Trustee may amend this Indenture or the Securities of any Series without notice to any Holder but with the written consent of the Holders of at least a majority in principal amount of the Securities of each Series then outstanding (including consents obtained in connection with a tender offer or exchange for the Securities) affected by such amendment. However, without the consent of each Holder affected, an amendment may not:
(1) make any change to the percentage of principal amount of the outstanding Securities of any Series, the consent of whose Holders is required for any amendment, or the consent of whose Holders is required for any waiver (of compliance with certain provisions of this Indenture or certain defaults hereunder and their consequences) provided for in this Indenture;
(2) reduce the principal amount of, premium, if any, or interest on, or extend the Stated Maturity or interest payment periods of any Security;
(3) make any Security payable in money or securities other than that stated in the Security;
(4) make any change that adversely affects such Holders right to require the Issuer to purchase the Securities in accordance with the terms thereof and this Indenture;
(5) impair the right of any Holder to institute suit for the enforcement of any payment with respect to the Securities;
(6) in the case of any subordinated Securities, or coupons appertaining thereto, make any change in the provisions of this Indenture relating to subordination that adversely affects the rights of any Holder under such provisions;
(7) except as provided under Article VIII hereof or in accordance with the terms of any Guarantee, release any Guarantor from any of its obligations under its Guarantee or make any change in a Guarantee that would adversely affect the Holder of the Securities; or
(8) make any change in Section 6.04 or 6.07 or the second sentence of this Section 9.02.
It shall not be necessary for the consent of the Holders under this Section to approve the particular form of any proposed amendment, but it shall be sufficient if such consent approves the substance thereof. After an amendment under this Section becomes effective, the Issuer shall mail to all affected Holders a notice briefly describing such amendment. The failure to give such notice to all such Holders, or any defect therein, shall not impair or affect the validity of an amendment under this Section.
SECTION 9.03. Compliance with Trust Indenture Act. Every amendment to this Indenture or the Securities shall comply with the Trust Indenture Act as then in effect.
SECTION 9.04. Revocation and Effect of Consents and Waivers. A consent to an amendment or a waiver by a Holder of a Security shall bind the Holder and every subsequent Holder of that Security or portion of the Security that evidences the same debt as the consenting Holders Security, even if notation of the consent or waiver is not made on the Security. However, any such Holder or subsequent Holder may revoke the consent or waiver as to such Holders Security or portion of the Security if the Trustee receives the notice of revocation before the date the amendment or waiver becomes effective. After an amendment or waiver becomes effective, it shall bind every Holder. An amendment or waiver becomes effective once both (i) the requisite number of consents have been received by the Issuer or the Trustee and (ii) such amendment or waiver has been executed by the Issuer and the Trustee.
The Issuer may, but shall not be obligated to, fix a record date for the purpose of determining the Holders entitled to give their consent or take any other action described above or required or permitted to be taken pursuant to this Indenture. If a record date is fixed, then notwithstanding the immediately preceding paragraph, those Persons who were Holders at such record date (or their duly designated proxies), and only those Persons, shall be entitled to give such consent or to revoke any consent previously given or to take any such action, whether or not such Persons continue to be Holders after such record date. No such consent shall be valid or effective for more than 120 days after such record date.
SECTION 9.05. Notation on or Exchange of Securities. If an amendment changes the terms of a Security, the Trustee may require the Holder of the Security to deliver it to the Trustee. The Trustee may place an appropriate notation on the Security regarding the changed terms and return it to the Holder. Alternatively, if the Issuer or the Trustee so determines, the Issuer in exchange for the Security shall issue and the Trustee shall, upon receipt of an Issuer Order, authenticate a new Security that reflects the changed terms. Failure to make the appropriate notation or to issue a new Security shall not affect the validity of such amendment.
SECTION 9.06. Trustee To Sign Amendments. The Trustee shall sign any amendment authorized pursuant to this Article IX if the amendment does not affect the rights, duties, liabilities or immunities of the Trustee. If it does, the Trustee may but need not sign it. In signing such amendment the Trustee shall be entitled to receive indemnity satisfactory to it and to receive, and (subject to Section 7.01) shall be fully protected in relying upon, an Officers Certificate and an Opinion of Counsel stating that such amendment is authorized or permitted by this Indenture and that such amendment is the legal, valid and binding obligation of the Issuer enforceable against it in accordance with its terms, subject to customary exceptions, and complies with the provisions hereof (including Section 9.03).
SECTION 9.07. Payment for Consent. Neither the Issuer nor any Affiliate of the Issuer shall, directly or indirectly, pay or cause to be paid any consideration, whether by way of interest, fee or otherwise, to any Holder for or as an inducement to any consent, waiver or amendment of any of the terms or provisions of this Indenture or the Securities unless such consideration is offered to be paid to all Holders of such Series of Securities, ratably, that so consent, waive or agree to amend in the time frame set forth in solicitation documents relating to such consent, waiver or agreement.
This excerpt taken from the CCI 8-K filed May 30, 2007.
SECTION 8.01. Amendments. These By-laws may be altered, amended or repealed, in whole or in part, or new Amended and Restated By-laws may be adopted by the Stockholders or by the Board at any meeting thereof; provided, however, that notice of such alteration, amendment, repeal or adoption of new Amended and Restated By-laws is contained in the notice of such meeting of Stockholders or in the notice of such meeting of the Board and, in the latter case, such notice is given not less than 24 hours prior to the meeting. Unless a higher percentage is required by the Charter as to
any matter which is the subject of these By-laws, all such amendments must be approved by either the holders of 80% of the voting power of the then outstanding Voting Stock or by the Board; provided that, notwithstanding the foregoing, the Board may alter, amend or repeal, or adopt new By-laws in conflict with, (i) any provision of these By-laws which requires a two-thirds vote of the Entire Board for action to be taken thereunder and (ii) this proviso to this Section 8.01 of these By-laws only by a resolution adopted by a two-thirds vote of the Entire Board.