This excerpt taken from the EBAY DEF 14A filed Apr 30, 2007.
To Be Held On June 14, 2007
To the Stockholders of eBay Inc.:
NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that the Annual Meeting of Stockholders of eBAY INC., a Delaware corporation, will be held on Thursday, June 14, 2007, at 8:00 a.m. Eastern time at the Back Bay Events Center, Back Bay Grand Room, 180 Berkeley Street, Boston, Massachusetts 02116 for the following purposes:
1. To elect three directors to hold office until our 2010 Annual Meeting of Stockholders.
2. To approve an amendment to our 1999 Global Equity Incentive Plan to further satisfy the requirements of Section 162(m) of the Internal Revenue Code.
3. To approve an amendment to our 1998 Employee Stock Purchase Plan to extend the term of the Purchase Plan.
4. To ratify the selection of PricewaterhouseCoopers LLP as our independent auditors for our fiscal year ending December 31, 2007.
5. To transact such other business as may properly come before the meeting or any adjournment or postponement of the meeting.
These business items are described more fully in the Proxy Statement accompanying this Notice.
The Board of Directors has fixed the close of business on April 16, 2007 as the record date for identifying those stockholders entitled to notice of and to vote at this Annual Meeting and at any adjournment or postponement of this meeting.
By Order of the Board of Directors
Michael R. Jacobson
San Jose, California
April 30, 2007
The proxy statement and the accompanying form of proxy are being mailed on or about May 4, 2007 in connection with the solicitation of proxies on behalf of the Board of Directors of eBay. All stockholders are cordially invited to attend the Annual Meeting in person. Whether or not you expect to attend the Annual Meeting, you are urged to vote your shares as soon as possible so that your shares can be voted at the Annual Meeting in accordance with your instructions on the proxy or voting instruction card. Telephone and Internet voting are available. For specific instructions on voting, please refer to the instructions on the proxy or voting instruction card.