This excerpt taken from the EBAY DEF 14A filed Mar 19, 2009.
To Be Held On April 29, 2009
To the Stockholders of eBay Inc.:
NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that the Annual Meeting of Stockholders of eBay Inc., a Delaware corporation, will be held on Wednesday, April 29, 2009, at 8:00 a.m. Pacific time at Town Square, 2161 North First Street, San Jose, California 95131 for the following purposes:
1. To vote on the election of Marc L. Andreessen, William C. Ford, Jr., Dawn G. Lepore, Pierre M. Omidyar and Richard T. Schlosberg, III as directors, to hold office until our 2012 Annual Meeting of Stockholders.
2. To approve amendments to certain of our existing equity incentive plans to allow for a one-time stock option exchange program for employees other than our named executive officers and directors.
3. To approve the amendment and restatement of our 2008 Equity Incentive Award Plan to increase the aggregate number of shares authorized for issuance under the plan by 50 million shares and to add market share and volume metrics as performance criteria under the plan.
4. To ratify the selection of PricewaterhouseCoopers LLP as our independent auditors for our fiscal year ending December 31, 2009.
5. To transact such other business as may properly come before the meeting or any adjournment or postponement of the meeting.
These business items are described more fully in the Proxy Statement accompanying this Notice.
The Board of Directors has fixed the close of business on March 4, 2009 as the record date for identifying those stockholders entitled to notice of and to vote at this Annual Meeting and at any adjournment or postponement of this meeting.
By Order of the Board of Directors
Michael R. Jacobson
San Jose, California
March 19, 2009
All stockholders are cordially invited to attend the Annual Meeting in person. Whether or not you expect to attend the Annual Meeting, you are urged to submit your proxy or voting instructions as soon as possible so that your shares can be voted at the Annual Meeting in accordance with your instructions. Telephone and Internet voting are available. For specific instructions on voting, please refer to the instructions on the proxy card or voting instruction form.