This excerpt taken from the EQR 10-Q filed May 8, 2008.
7.6 Other Withdrawals
Upon the request of a Participant, the Plan Administrator, in its sole discretion, may pay to the Participant any amount up to the vested portion of the Participants Account. A Participant requesting a withdrawal under this Section 7.6 shall apply for the payment in writing on a form prescribed by the Plan Administrator for that purpose, and shall provide such additional information as the Plan Administrator may require. The Plan Administrator will pay 90% of the withdrawn amount to the Participant and the remaining 10% will be forfeited. A Participant receiving a withdrawal under this Section 7.6 shall be suspended from making Elective Deferrals and Share Deferrals under the Plan until the next Entry Date that is at least twelve (12) months following his or her receipt of such withdrawal. Notwithstanding the foregoing, and only in connection with a one-time request during employment, no forfeiture amount shall be applied with respect to a Participant distribution pursuant to this Section 7.6, and no suspension of participation shall be required, if (a) the distribution commences on or after the Participant attains age fifty (50) and (b) the distribution election is made at least one complete Plan Year prior to the distribution date.