This excerpt taken from the XIDE 8-K filed Mar 25, 2005.
Pursuant to Regulation S
[ ], [ ]
919 East Main Street
Richmond, Virginia 23219
Attention: Corporate Trust Department, Mail Code HDQ 5310
Ladies and Gentlemen:
In connection with our proposed sale of $[ ] aggregate principal amount of the Notes, we confirm that such sale has been effected pursuant to and in accordance with Regulation S under the U.S. Securities Act of 1933, as amended (the Securities Act), and, accordingly, we represent that:
(1) the offer of the Notes was not made to a person in the United States;
(2) either (a) at the time the buy offer was originated, the transferee was outside the United States or we and any person acting on our behalf reasonably believed that the transferee was outside the United States, or (b) the transaction was executed in, on or through the facilities of a designated offshore securities market and neither we nor any person acting on our behalf knows that the transaction has been prearranged with a buyer in the United States;
(3) no directed selling efforts have been made in the United States in contravention of the requirements of Rule 903(b) or Rule 904(b) of Regulation S, as applicable;
(4) the transaction is not part of a plan or scheme to evade the registration requirements of the Securities Act; and
(5) we have advised the transferee of the transfer restrictions applicable to the Notes.
You, as Trustee, the Company, counsel for the Company and others are entitled to rely upon this letter and are irrevocably authorized to produce this letter or a copy hereof to any interested party in any administrative or legal proceedings or official inquiry with respect to the
matters covered hereby. Terms used in this certificate have the meanings set forth in Regulation S.