This excerpt taken from the FFIV DEF 14A filed Jan 20, 2009.
To Be Held on March 12, 2009
TO SHAREHOLDERS OF F5 NETWORKS, INC.:
The annual meeting of shareholders of F5 Networks, Inc. (the Company) for fiscal year end 2008 will be held on March 12, 2009 at 11:00 a.m. Pacific time at F5 Networks, Inc., 333 Elliott Avenue West, Seattle, Washington 98119 for the following purposes, as more fully described in the accompanying Proxy Statement:
1. to elect one Class I director to hold office until the annual meeting of shareholders for fiscal year end 2011 and until the directors successor is elected and qualified;
2. to consider and act upon a proposal to amend the F5 Networks, Inc. 2005 Equity Incentive Plan as amended (the 2005 Plan) to increase the number of shares of common stock issuable under the 2005 Plan by an additional 5,000,000;
3. to consider and act upon a proposal to amend the F5 Networks, Inc. 1999 Employee Stock Purchase Plan (the ESPP) to increase the number of shares of common stock issuable under the ESPP by an additional 2,000,000;
4. to ratify the selection of PricewaterhouseCoopers LLP as the Companys independent auditor for fiscal year 2009; and
5. to transact such other business as may properly come before the meeting and any adjournments or postponements thereof.
Only shareholders of record at the close of business on January 8, 2009 are entitled to notice of, and to vote at, the annual meeting.
By Order of the Board of Directors,
Jeffrey A. Christianson
January 20, 2009
Important Notice Regarding the Availability of Proxy Materials for
the Companys Annual Meeting of Shareholders on March 12, 2009.
The F5 Networks, Inc. Proxy Statement and 2008 Annual Report to Shareholders are available online at
www.proxyvote.com and www.f5.com/about/investor-relations/corporate-governance.
Your cooperation is appreciated since a majority of the shares of common stock must be represented, either in person or by proxy, to constitute a quorum for the conduct of business.