How To Invest
First Solar (FSLR)
Table of Contents
Intro and Overview
Trends and Forces
Key Trends and Forces
- One of the fastest growing solar companies, with one of the most efficient cells around.
- The largest photovoltaic cell manufacturer in the world.
Suntech Power Holdings
- A Chinese photovoltaic cell company that is muscling its way into world solar markets.
JA Solar Holdings,
- A Chinese PV company that only sells monocrystalline solar cells; it lets its customers take care of building the modules and systems.
Solarfun Power Holdings
- Another Chinese PV company that operates 90% in Europe and makes most of its money by selling modules, rather than individual cells.
- A solar company that produces string ribbon PV cells and operates at all production levels from silicon wafer to power system.
- A Japanese electronics company that is also a major manufacturer of solar cells.
Q-Cells - A privately owned, German solar manufacturer.
- Not primarily photovoltaic cell manufacturers, but heavy market competitors nonetheless.
- A Concentrated Photovoltaic System manufacturer that uses Gallium arsenide PV cells and got its start in the solar business making power cells for satellites.
Energy Conversion Devices
- This company uses amorphous thin-film silicon in its ultra-thin, albeit low-efficiency solar cells.
Introduction and Overview
Trends and Forces
Retrieved from "
Skip the spreadsheet. Track your investments automatically.
Wikinvest © 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012.
Use of this site is subject to express
Terms of Service
. By continuing past this page, you agree to abide by these terms. Any information provided by Wikinvest, including but not limited to company data, competitors, business analysis, market share, sales revenues and other operating metrics, earnings call analysis, conference call transcripts, industry information, or price targets should not be construed as research, trading tips or recommendations, or investment advice and is provided with no warrants as to its accuracy. Stock market data, including US and International equity symbols, stock quotes, share prices, earnings ratios, and other fundamental data is provided by data partners. Stock market quotes delayed at least 15 minutes for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and AMEX. Market data by
for more details. Company names, products, services and branding cited herein may be trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective owners. The use of trademarks or service marks of another is not a representation that the other is affiliated with, sponsors, is sponsored by, endorses, or is endorsed by Wikinvest.
Licensing & Partnerships