This excerpt taken from the FLR DEF 14A filed Mar 14, 2008.
The annual meeting of shareholders of Fluor Corporation will be held at Four Seasons Resort and Club, 4150 North MacArthur Boulevard, Irving, Texas, on Wednesday, May 7, 2008, at 9:00 a.m. Central Daylight Time. At the meeting, our shareholders will consider and vote on the following matters:
1. The election of four Class III directors to serve until the 2011 annual meeting of shareholders and until their respective successors are elected and qualified.
2. The ratification of the appointment by our Audit Committee of Ernst & Young LLP as independent registered public accounting firm for the fiscal year ending December 31, 2008.
3. The amendment of our Certificate of Incorporation to increase the number of authorized shares of our common stock from 150,000,000 to 400,000,000.
4. The approval of our 2008 Executive Performance Incentive Plan.
5. Such other matters as may be properly presented at the meeting.
All shareholders of record at the close of business on March 10, 2008 are entitled to receive notice of and to vote at the meeting. Shareholders are cordially invited to attend the meeting in person; however, regardless of whether you plan to attend the meeting in person, please complete, sign, date and promptly return the enclosed proxy card or voting instruction card in the postage-prepaid envelope we have provided. You may also authorize the voting of your shares over the Internet or by telephone as provided in the instructions set forth on the proxy card or voting instruction card. Your prompt response is necessary to ensure that your shares are represented at the meeting.
Important Notice Regarding the Availability of Proxy Materials for the Annual Meeting of Shareholders to be held on May 7, 2008: This proxy statement and the company's 2007 Annual Report to Shareholders are available at www.fluor.com/2007annualreport.
This excerpt taken from the FLR DEF 14A filed Mar 7, 2007.