HBI » Topics » Pension Benefits - 2008

This excerpt taken from the HBI DEF 14A filed Mar 12, 2009.
Pension Benefits — 2008
 
                             
            Present Value of
  Payments
        Number of Years
  Accumulated
  During Last
Name
  Plan Name   Credited Service (#)   Benefit ($)(1)   Fiscal Year ($)
 
Richard A. Noll
  Pension Plan     13.75       272,710        
    SERP     13.75       1,139,089        
E. Lee Wyatt Jr.(2)
                   
William J. Nictakis(2)
                   
Gerald W. Evans Jr. 
  Pension Plan     22.50       272,410        
    SERP     22.50       574,831        
Kevin W. Oliver(3)
  Pension Plan     3.00       72,334        
    SERP     3.00       84,043        


42


Table of Contents

 
(1) Present values for the Pension Plan are computed as of January 3, 2009, using the FAS discount rate of 6.1% and the FAS healthy mortality table (the sex-specific RP 2000 mortality table projected for mortality improvement to 2015 with a white-collar adjustment). A participant’s total benefit payable pursuant to the Pension Plan consist of two parts: a pension benefit and a retirement benefit. Different optional forms of payment are available for each benefit. The assumed payment form election for the pension benefit is a single life annuity. For the retirement benefit, we assume that there is a 60% probability that the participant will elect a seven year certain only annuity and a 40% probability that the participant will elect a single life annuity. If a participant has both a pension benefit and a retirement benefit, the payment form assumption is applied to each benefit amount separately, in all cases assuming the participant commences each portion of the benefit at the earliest unreduced age. Benefits under the SERP are payable as a lump sum, which lump sum has been computed using the SERP’s interest rate of 4.75% (120% of the October 30-year Treasury rate for each year, rounded to the nearest 1/4%) and the mortality prescribed under Revenue Ruling 2001-62. Present values as of January 3, 2009 of the SERP lump sum are determined using the FAS discount rate of 6.40%. For both the Pension Plan and the SERP, we also used the following assumptions: (i) the portion of the benefit that is payable as an unreduced benefit at age 62, the earliest unreduced commencement age under the Pension Plan for the pension benefit and the SERP, was valued at age 62 assuming the named executive officer continues to work until that age in order to become eligible for unreduced benefits, (ii) the portion of the benefit that is payable as an unreduced benefit at age 65, the earliest unreduced commencement age under the Pension Plan for the retirement benefit, was valued at age 65 assuming the named executive officer survives until that age in order to become eligible to receive the retirement benefit unreduced and (iii) the values of the benefits have been discounted assuming the named executive officer continues to live until the assumed benefit commencement age (no mortality discount has been applied). All of the foregoing assumptions, except for the assumption that the named executive officer lives and works until retirement, which we have used in light of Securities and Exchange Commission guidance, are the same as those we use for financial reporting purposes under generally accepted accounting principles.
 
(2) Mr. Wyatt and Mr. Nictakis do not have any pension benefits because they were not eligible to receive benefits prior to December 31, 2005.
 
(3) A portion of Mr. Oliver’s benefit under each of the SERP and the Pension Plan is payable in the form of a lump sum at age 65 as a result of service credited under an alternative formula.
 

"Pension Benefits - 2008" elsewhere:

Genesco (GCO)
Warnaco Group (WRNC)
Wikinvest © 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012. Use of this site is subject to express Terms of Service, Privacy Policy, and Disclaimer. By continuing past this page, you agree to abide by these terms. Any information provided by Wikinvest, including but not limited to company data, competitors, business analysis, market share, sales revenues and other operating metrics, earnings call analysis, conference call transcripts, industry information, or price targets should not be construed as research, trading tips or recommendations, or investment advice and is provided with no warrants as to its accuracy. Stock market data, including US and International equity symbols, stock quotes, share prices, earnings ratios, and other fundamental data is provided by data partners. Stock market quotes delayed at least 15 minutes for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and AMEX. Market data by Xignite. See data providers for more details. Company names, products, services and branding cited herein may be trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective owners. The use of trademarks or service marks of another is not a representation that the other is affiliated with, sponsors, is sponsored by, endorses, or is endorsed by Wikinvest.
Powered by MediaWiki