This excerpt taken from the HOG 10-K filed Mar 11, 2005.
Exemption Certificate). Each Non-U.S. Lender further undertakes to deliver to each of the U.S. Borrower and the Global Administrative Agent (i) two renewals or additional copies of such form (or any successor form) on or before the date that such form expires or becomes obsolete, and (ii) after the occurrence of any event requiring a change in the most recent forms so delivered by it, such additional forms or amendments thereto as may be reasonably requested by the U.S. Borrower, any Guarantor or the Global Administrative Agent. All forms or amendments described in the preceding sentence shall certify that such Lender is entitled to receive payments under this Agreement without deduction or withholding of any United States federal income taxes, unless an event (including without limitation any change in treaty, law or regulation) has occurred prior to the date on which any such delivery would otherwise be required which renders all such forms inapplicable or which would prevent such Lender from duly completing and delivering any such form or amendment with respect to it and such Lender advises the U.S. Borrower, the Guarantors and the Global Administrative Agent that it is not capable of receiving payments without any deduction or withholding of United States federal income tax.
(v) For any period during which a Non-U.S. Lender has failed to provide the U.S. Borrower or the Guarantors with an appropriate form or Exemption Certificate pursuant to clause (iv) above (unless such failure is due to a change in treaty, law or regulation, or any change in the interpretation or administration thereof by any governmental authority, occurring subsequent to the date on which a form or Exemption Certificate originally was required to be provided), such Non-U.S. Lender shall not be entitled to indemnification under this Section 3.5 with respect to Taxes imposed by the United States; provided that, should a Non-U.S. Lender which is otherwise exempt from or subject to a reduced rate of withholding tax become subject to Taxes because of its failure to deliver a form or Exemption Certificate required under clause (iv), above, the U.S. Borrower or the Guarantors shall take such steps as such Non-U.S. Lender shall reasonably request to assist such Non-U.S. Lender to recover such Taxes.
(vi) The U.K. Borrower and/or any Guarantor is not required to make an increased payment to the Global Administrative Agent or a Lender under this Section 3.5 with respect to Taxes imposed, nor any deductions required, by the United Kingdom in respect of a payment of interest (including any items classified as interest by the relevant taxing authority) on a Loan, if on the date on which the payment falls due:
(a) the payment could have been made to the relevant Lender without a deduction for Taxes if it was a Qualifying Lender, but on that date that Lender is not or has ceased to be a Qualifying Lender other than as a result of any change after the date it became a Lender under this Agreement in (or in the interpretation, administration, or application of) any law or Treaty, or any published practice or concession of any relevant taxing authority; or
(b) (1) the relevant Lender is a Qualifying Lender solely under sub-paragraph (ii) of the definition of Qualifying Lender; (2) the Board of the Inland Revenue has given (and not revoked) a direction (a Direction) under section 349C of the Taxes Act (as that provision has effect on the date on which the relevant Lender became a Lender) which relates to that payment and that Lender has received from the U.K. Borrower a certified copy of that Direction; and (3) the payment could have been made to the Lender without any deduction for Tax in the absence of that Direction; or
(c) the relevant Lender is a Treaty Lender and either (1) neither of the following conditions have been satisfied (A) notice under the relevant Treaty has been given by the United Kingdom Inland Revenue to the U.K. Borrower or the relevant Guarantor authorizing the U.K. Borrower or the relevant Guarantor to make such payment without deduction for Tax or (B) the Global Administrative Agent has obtained provisional authority under the PTR Scheme authorizing the relevant Borrower to make such payment without deduction for Tax and such provisional authority has not been withdrawn or revoked or (2) the U.K. Borrower or the relevant Guarantor is able to demonstrate that the payment could have been made to the Lender without deduction for Tax had that Lender complied with its obligations paragraphs (vii) or (viii) below.
(vii) Each Treaty Lender and the U.K. Borrower shall use reasonable efforts to co-operate in completing any procedural formalities necessary for the U.K. Borrower to obtain authorization to make that payment without a deduction for Tax or allow the relevant Treaty Lender to recover such Taxes where any such payment has been made subject to a deduction for Tax.
(viii) PTR Scheme
(a) Each Treaty Lender:
(1) irrevocably appoints the Global Administrative Agent to act as syndicate manager under, and authorizes the Global Administrative Agent to operate, and take any action necessary or desirable under, the PTR Scheme in connection with this Agreement;
(2) shall co-operate with the Global Administrative Agent in completing any procedural formalities necessary under the PTR Scheme, and shall promptly supply to the Global Administrative Agent such information as the Global Administrative Agent may request in connection with the operation of the PTR Scheme;
(3) without limiting the liability of the U.K. Borrower under this Agreement, shall, within 30 Business Days of demand, indemnify the Global
Administrative Agent for any liability or loss incurred by the Global Administrative Agent as a result of the Global Administrative Agent acting as syndicate manager under the PTR Scheme in connection with the Treaty Lenders participation in any Loan (except to the extent that the liability or loss arises directly from the Global Administrative Agents gross negligence or willful misconduct); and
(4) agrees to, indemnify the U.K. Borrower and each Guarantor for any Tax or increased Tax or any interest or penalties associated therewith which the U.K. Borrower or such Guarantor becomes liable to pay in respect of any payments made to such Treaty Lender arising as a result of any incorrect information supplied by such Treaty Lender which results in a provisional authority issued by the U.K. Inland Revenue under the PTR Scheme being withdrawn. Payments due under this indemnification shall be made within 30 Business Days of demand by U.K. Borrower or the applicable Guarantor.
(b) The U.K. Borrower acknowledges that it is fully aware of its contingent obligations under the PTR Scheme and shall:
(1) promptly supply to the Global Administrative Agent such information as the Global Administrative Agent may request in connection with the operation of the PTR Scheme; and
(2) act in accordance with any provisional notice issued by the U.K. Inland Revenue under the PTR Scheme.
(c) The Global Administrative Agent agrees to provide, as soon as reasonably practicable, a copy of any provisional authority issued to it under the PTR Scheme in connection with any Loan to the U.K. Borrower.
(d) All of the parties hereto acknowledge that the Global Administrative Agent:
(1) is entitled to rely completely upon information provided to it in connection with sub-paragraph (a) or (b) above;
(2) is not obliged to undertake any enquiry into the accuracy of such information, nor into the status of the Treaty Lender or, as the case may be, U.K. Borrower providing such information; and
(3) shall have no liability to any person for the accuracy of any information it submits in connection with paragraph (a)(1) above.
(e) In this Clause PTR Scheme means the Provisional Treaty Relief scheme as described in Inland Revenue Guidelines dated January 2003 and administered by the Inland Revenues Centre for Non-Residents.