This excerpt taken from the HPQ 8-K filed Sep 27, 2006.
· In late January of 2006, there were leaks of confidential information from a January 2006 board meeting that appeared in a January 23, 2006 CNET story. The investigation resumed following these additional leaks.
· The core investigative team behind Kona II was Mr. DeLia, Mr. Gentilucci, Vincent Nye of HP Global Security, Fred Adler of the HP IT Security Team, and Kevin Hunsaker, HP Senior Counsel.
· Mr. Hunsaker directed the Kona II investigation for HP.
· Ms. Dunn, Mr. Hurd, Ms. Baskins and Mr. Fairbaugh were made aware that the Kona II team was assembled and was beginning to identify the source of the leaks.
· Over the next three months, regular updates were provided by members of the investigation team to Ms. Dunn and, to a lesser extent, to Ms. Baskins.
· During the course of Kona II, certain members of the investigation team provided assurances that the techniques being used in the investigation were legal. Those assurances came from, among others, Mr. Hunsaker, SOS and SOSs outside legal counsel in Massachusetts.
· In March 2006, the Kona II team prepared a draft report of the investigation that was addressed to Ms. Dunn, Mr. Hurd and Ms. Baskins. The report identified the source of the leaking and outlined the investigative techniques employed including pretexting with assurances that those techniques were lawful.
· In April 2006, HP provided a copy of the draft report to its outside corporate counsel for review and comment. The results of the investigation were reported at the May 18, 2006, board meeting. On May 24th, Mr. Hunsaker produced a final report of the investigation.