This excerpt taken from the HPQ DEFA14A filed Jan 27, 2010.
The matters intended to be acted upon at the meeting are listed below:
1. Election of directors: Marc L. Andreessen, Lawrence T. Babbio, Jr., Sari M. Baldauf, Rajiv L. Gupta, John H. Hammergren, Mark V. Hurd, Joel Z. Hyatt, John R. Joyce, Robert L. Ryan, Lucille S. Salhany, and G. Kennedy Thompson.
2. Proposal to ratify the appointment of the independent registered public accounting firm for the fiscal year ending October 31, 2010.
3. Proposal to approve the Amended and Restated Hewlett-Packard Company 2004 Stock Incentive Plan.
4. Proposal to conduct an annual advisory vote on executive compensation.
5. To consider such other business as may properly come before the meeting.
The Board of Directors recommends that you vote FOR the election of each of the nominees for director, FOR the ratification of the appointment of the independent registered public accounting firm for the 2010 fiscal year, FOR approval of the Amended and Restated Hewlett-Packard Company 2004 Stock Incentive Plan and FOR an annual advisory vote on executive compensation.
THIS IS NOT A PROXY CARD. If you wish to cast your vote on a traditional proxy card, you must request that a paper copy of the proxy materials be mailed to you by following the instructions on the reverse side of this notice.
These items of business are more fully described in the proxy materials relating to the Annual Meeting. Follow the instructions on the reverse side of this notice to view the proxy materials and vote over the Internet or to request a paper or e-mail copy of the proxy materials. Any action on the items of business described above may be considered at the Annual Meeting at the time and on the date specified above or at any time and date to which the Annual Meeting may be properly adjourned or postponed.
You are entitled to vote at the Annual Meeting only if you were a stockholder of Hewlett-Packard Company as of the close of business on January 19, 2010, which is the record date for the Annual Meeting.
If you are a stockholder as of the record date, you are invited to attend the Annual Meeting, and you may vote in person. Directions to attend the meeting and meeting admission information can be found on our website at www.hp.com/investor/stockholdermeeting2010/directions.