International Business Machines 8-K 2012
SECURITIES AND EXCHANGE COMMISSION
WASHINGTON, D.C. 20549
CURRENT REPORT PURSUANT TO SECTION 13 OR 15 (d)
OF THE SECURITIES EXCHANGE ACT OF 1934
Date of Report: April 24, 2012
(Date of earliest event reported)
INTERNATIONAL BUSINESS MACHINES CORPORATION
(Exact name of registrant as specified in its charter)
(Registrants telephone number)
Check the appropriate box below if the Form 8-K filing is intended to simultaneously satisfy the filing obligation of the registrant under any of the following provisions:
o Written communications pursuant to Rule 425 under the Securities Act (17 CFR 230.425)
o Soliciting material pursuant to Rule 14a-12 under the Exchange Act (17 CFR 240.14a-12)
o Pre-commencement communications pursuant to Rule 14d-2(b) under the Exchange Act (17 CFR 240.14d-2(b))
o Pre-commencement communications pursuant to Rule 13e-4(c) under the Exchange Act (17 CFR 240.13e-4(c))
Item 5.07. Submission of Matters to a Vote of Security Holders.
IBM held its Annual Meeting of Stockholders on April 24, 2012. For more information on the following proposals, see the companys proxy statement dated March 12, 2012, the relevant portions of which are incorporated herein by reference. Below are the final voting results.
· The stockholders elected each of the fourteen nominees to the Board of Directors for a one-year term by a majority of the votes cast:
· The stockholders ratified the appointment of PricewaterhouseCoopers LLP as the Independent Registered Public Accounting Firm for the company:
· Advisory Vote on Executive Compensation:
Two stockholder proposals were presented at the meeting.
· Stockholder Proposal to Review Political Contributions Trade Associations Policy:
· Stockholder Proposal for Disclosure of Lobbying Policies and Practices:
The Stockholder Proposal on Cumulative Voting was not presented at the meeting.
IBMs web site (www.ibm.com) contains a significant amount of information about IBM, including financial and other information for investors (www.ibm.com/investor/). IBM encourages investors to visit its various web sites from time to time, as information is updated and new information is posted.
Pursuant to the requirements of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934, the registrant has duly caused this report to be signed on its behalf by the undersigned, hereunto duly authorized.