This excerpt taken from the JLL 10-K filed Feb 27, 2009.
This excerpt taken from the JLL 10-K filed Feb 29, 2008.
This excerpt taken from the JLL DEF 14A filed Apr 19, 2006.
CERTAIN RELATIONSHIPS AND RELATED TRANSACTIONS
From time to time, Directors and executive officers are given an opportunity to invest individually (and have so invested) in the real estate investment fund products offered by subsidiaries of Jones Lang LaSalle, principally through LaSalle Investment Management, on the same terms as are offered in the ordinary course of business to other unaffiliated investors that are clients of the firm. The opportunities are made available in order to further align the interests of our people with those of our clients and in order to provide an additional retention vehicle. The amounts of the investments have not been material either to the individuals or to the Company. Executive officers and other employees have been, and in the future may be, allowed to acquire interests in certain investment vehicles (on the same terms as other unaffiliated investors) in order that these vehicles can satisfy certain tax requirements.
Jones Lang LaSalle uses LaSalle Investment Limited Partnership, referred to as LaSalle Investment Company (LIC), as the investment vehicle for substantially all of its co-investments with LaSalle Investment Management clients. LIC is a series of four parallel limited partnerships of which Jones Lang LaSalle has an effective 47.85% ownership interest through two of the limited partnerships. Primarily institutional investors hold the remaining 52.15% interest in LIC. As of December 31, 2005, Thomas C. Theobald, a Non-Executive Director, and entities affiliated with him, had invested euro 1,435,123 and had committed to invest a total additional amount of euro 2,064,877 through LIC. As Mr. Theobald's investment has been made on the same terms as are offered to the other investors in LIC, which are unaffiliated investors that are clients of the firm, and given that the amount of the investment is not material to LIC nor does it permit Mr. Theobald to exercise any control over the activities of LIC, the Board of Directors has determined that Mr. Theobald's investment in LIC does not constitute a material relationship with the Company that detracts from his independence as a member of the Board of Directors.
The Audit Committee has appointed the firm of KPMG LLP as Jones Lang LaSalle's independent registered public accounting firm for 2006. A proposal to ratify this appointment will be presented at the 2006 Annual Meeting.
The Board unanimously recommends you vote FOR ratification of such appointment.
Each valid proxy returned to Jones Lang LaSalle will be voted for the ratification of the appointment of KPMG LLP as Jones Lang LaSalle's independent registered public accounting firm for 2006 unless the proxy specifies otherwise.
The Audit Committee retains the right to appoint a substitute independent registered public accounting firm at any time during 2006 for any reason whatsoever.