This excerpt taken from the LUX 6-K filed Apr 16, 2009.
APPOINTMENT OF THE BOARD OF DIRECTORS, DETERMINATION OF THE NUMBER OF ITS MEMBERS AND DETERMINATION OF THEIR COMPENSATION
A list for the appointment of the Board of Directors can be presented only by those stockholders who, at the time of the presentation of the list, hold an interest at least equal to 1% of the share capital of the Company, as established by Consob (the public authority responsible for regulating the Italian securities market), pursuant to article 147ter subparagraph 1 legislative decree 58/98. Each stockholder may not submit or contribute to submitting, by means of trust or proxy, more than one list.
The list presented by Consortium B for the appointment of the Board of Directors was submitted together with the professional resumes of the candidates and a certification from which title to the interest in the shares of the Company can be inferred. Each candidate filed a statement declaring that he/she accepts his/her candidacy, confirming, under his/her own responsibility, that there are no grounds in accordance with law or regulation for his/her ineligibility or incompatibility and that he/she meets any requirements prescribed in the list. Such statements as well as the letters from Consortium B can be found on the Companys website at www.luxottica.com, Investor Relations, Corporate Governance section. For voting purposes, including on the proxy card, the list of Consortium B has been designated as list B.
In its letter, Consortium B presented, in accordance with article 17 of the Luxottica Group S.p.A. By-laws, the following list of candidates (whose professional resumes appear as submitted by Consortium B) for appointment:
1. Mr. Ivanhoe Lo Bello, as independent director.
Ivanhoe Lo Bello was born in Catania on January 21, 1963.
Place of residence: Syracuse
He received his bachelor degree in classical studies with honours from Liceo Classico Gargallo in Syracuse and graduated in Law, magna cum laude, from the University of Catania.
He attended English summer sessions at Berkeley and Harvard in order to improve the knowledge of the language.
He is fluent in English, Spanish and French.
· 1996-2000 - Member of the board of directors of CRIAS (Cassa Regionale per il credito alle imprese artigiane)
· 1998-2001 - Member of the board of directors of Banco di Sicilia S.p.A.
· July 1999 to October 2005 - President of the Industrial Association for the province of Siracusa (Confindustria Siracusa)
· Since May 2005 - Member of the National Committee of Confindustria
· April 2004 to January 2008 - Counsellor of the Bank of Italy, Syracuse branch.
· Since 1999 - Member of the board of directors and member of the Presidents Committee of Civita, Italian no profit organisation, leader in the management and valorization of cultural assets;
· Since July 2005 - President of the Chamber of Commerce of Syracuse
· January 2006 to January 2007 - Member of the board of directors of ASAC (Azienda per lo sviluppo aeroportuale di Catania Catania Airport development company) and sole partner for SAC S.p.A. (Societá di gestione dellaeroporto di Catania managing company of Catania airport)
· Since September 2006, Member of the Counsel and Presidents Committee of Unioncamere Italy, responsible for the Culture Sector.
· Currently shareholder and/or director of several industrial companies operating in the following areas; food, mechanical engineering, mechanical construction, energy, real estate and tourism.
· Currently member of the board of directors of ISNART (Istituto Nazionale di Ricerche Turistiche National Institute for research in the tourist sector) scpa
· Currently member of the board of statutory auditors for Infocamere scpa
· Since September 2006 - President of Confindustria Sicilia
· Since January 2008 - Member of the board of director of Banco di Sicilia SpA - Gruppo Unicredit (Bank of Sicily Unicredit Group)
· January to April 2008 - Vice President of Banco di Sicilia SpA Gruppo Unicredit (Bank of Sicily Unicredit Group)
· Since April 29, 2008, Chairman of Banco di Sicilia SpA Gruppo Unicredit (Bank of Sicily Unicredit Group)
· Since June 2008 - member of the board of directors of Confindustria Italy