This excerpt taken from the LUX 6-K filed Aug 1, 2008.
Notes to the release
1. All comparisons, including percentage changes, are between the three- and six-month periods ended June 30, 2008 and 2007.
2. Comparable store sales reflects the change in sales from one period to another that, for comparison purposes, includes in the calculation only stores open in the more recent period that also were open during the comparable prior period, and applies to both periods the average exchange rate for the prior period and the same geographic area.
3. EBITDA, pro forma EBITDA, EBITDA margin, net debt, the ratio of net debt to pro forma EBITDA and EPS before trademark amortization are non-U.S. GAAP measures. For additional disclosure regarding such measures, please refer to the tables attached.
4. Pro forma data reflects the inclusion of consolidated results for Oakley, Inc., a subsidiary that was acquired in November 2007, as if it was acquired on January 1, 2007.
5. Excluding a non-recurring gain related to the sale of a real estate property in the second quarter of 2007. The impact of the sale was a gain of approximately 20 million before taxes.