This excerpt taken from the MRO DEF 14A filed Mar 13, 2007.
Notice of Annual Meeting of Stockholders
on April 25, 2007
We will hold our 2007 annual meeting of stockholders in the Conference Center Auditorium of the Marathon Oil Tower, 5555 San Felipe Road, Houston, Texas 77056 on Wednesday, April 25, 2007 at 10:00 a.m. Central Time, in order to:
· elect five directors;
· ratify the selection of PricewaterhouseCoopers LLP as our independent auditor for 2007;
· approve the 2007 Incentive Compensation Plan;
· consider a proposal of the Board to amend our Restated Certificate of Incorporation and by-laws to eliminate the supermajority vote provision by stockholders;
· consider a proposal of the Board to amend our Restated Certificate of Incorporation to increase the number of authorized shares of common stock; and
· transact any other business that properly comes before the meeting.
You are entitled to vote at the meeting if you were an owner of record of Marathon Oil Corporation common stock at the close of business on February 26, 2007. If your ownership is through a broker or other intermediary, you will need to have proof of your stockholdings in order to be admitted to the meeting. A recent account statement, letter or proxy from your broker or other intermediary will suffice.
We have enclosed a copy of the Companys 2006 Annual Report to stockholders with this notice and proxy statement.
By order of the Board of Directors,
William F. Schwind, Jr.
Dated: March 13, 2007