This excerpt taken from the MRO DEF 14A filed Mar 13, 2007.
· Who may vote?
You may vote if you were a holder of Marathon Oil Corporation (Marathon or the Company) common stock at the close of business on February 26, 2007, which is the record date of the meeting. Each share of common stock is entitled to one vote.
· What may I vote on?
You may vote on:
· the election of five nominees to serve as directors;
· the ratification of the selection of PricewaterhouseCoopers LLP as our independent auditor for 2007;
· the approval of our 2007 Incentive Compensation Plan;
· a proposal to amend our Restated Certificate of Incorporation and by-laws to eliminate the supermajority vote provision by stockholders; and
· a proposal to amend our Restated Certificate of Incorporation to increase the number of authorized shares of common stock.
· How does the Board recommend I vote?
The Board recommends that you vote: