This excerpt taken from the MRVL DEF 14A filed May 8, 2006.
The 2006 Annual General Meeting of Shareholders of Marvell Technology Group Ltd., a Bermuda company, will be held at the Hyatt Regency Hotel, Santa Clara Convention Center, 5101 Great America Parkway, Santa Clara, California 95054, on Friday, June 9, 2006 at 3:30 p.m. local time, subject to adjournment or postponement by the Board of Directors, for the following purposes:
1. To elect three directors constituting Class 3 of the Companys Board of Directors, each to hold office for a three-year term and until his or her successor is duly elected and qualified, and to elect one Class 2 director of the Company, to hold office for a two-year term and until his or her successor is duly elected and qualified;
2. To re-appoint PricewaterhouseCoopers LLP as the independent registered public accounting firm of the Company for the Companys 2007 fiscal year ending January 27, 2007 and to authorize the Audit Committee to fix the independent registered public accounting firms remuneration for the Companys fiscal year ending January 27, 2007;
3. To approve an amendment to the Companys Memorandum of Association that would increase the Companys authorized capital to allow a bonus issue of shares resulting in a two-for-one stock split;
4. To approve an amendment to the Companys Second Amended and Restated Bye-laws that would amend the provision relating to indemnification of directors and officers; and
5. To transact such other business as may properly come before the Annual General Meeting or any or all adjournments or postponements thereof.
The Company will also lay before the meeting the financial statements of the Company for the fiscal year ended January 28, 2006 pursuant to the provisions of the Bermuda Companies Act of 1981 and the Companys Bye-Laws.
Only holders of record of common stock of the Company on April 12, 2006, will be entitled to notice of, and to vote at, the Annual General Meeting and any adjournment or postponement thereof.
In order to constitute a quorum for the conduct of business at the Annual General Meeting, it is necessary that holders of a majority of all outstanding shares of common stock be present in person or be represented by proxy. Your attention is directed to the accompanying proxy statement. To assure your representation at the Annual General Meeting, please date, sign and mail the enclosed proxy, for which a return envelope is provided. Execution of a proxy will not in any way affect your right to attend the Annual General Meeting and vote in person, and any person giving a proxy has the right to revoke it at any time before it is exercised.
By order of the Board of Directors,
Santa Clara, California