This excerpt taken from the MOLX DEF 14A filed Sep 13, 2006.
The Committee will accept for consideration submissions from stockholders of recommendations for the nomination of directors subject to the following terms and conditions:
1. Manner and Address for Submission. All stockholders nominating recommendations must be in writing, addressed to the Nominating Committee care of the Companys Corporate Secretary at the Companys principal headquarters 2222 Wellington Court, Lisle, IL 60532. Submissions must be made by mail, courier or personal delivery. E-mailed submissions will not be considered.
2. Information Concerning the Recommending Stockholders. A nominating recommendation must be accompanied by the following information concerning each recommending stockholder:
3. Information Concerning the Proposed Nominee. A nominating recommendation must be accompanied by the following information concerning the proposed nominee:
4. Relationships Between the Proposed Nominee and the Recommending Stockholder. The nominating recommendation must describe all relationships between the proposed nominee and the recommending stockholder and any agreements or understandings between the recommending stockholder and the nominee regarding the nomination.
5. Other Relationships of the Proposed Nominee. The nominating recommendation shall describe all relationships between the proposed nominee and any of the Companys competitors, customers, suppliers or other persons with special interests regarding the Company.
6. Qualifications of the Proposed Nominee. The recommending stockholder must furnish a statement supporting its view that the proposed nominee possesses the minimum qualifications prescribed by the Nominating Committee for nominees, and briefly describing the contributions that the nominee would be expected to make to the board and to the governance of the Company.
7. Ability to Represent All Stockholders. The recommending stockholder must state whether, in the view of the stockholder, the nominee, if elected, would represent all stockholders and not serve for the purpose of advancing or favoring any particular stockholder or other constituency of the Company.
8. Timing for Submissions Regarding Nominees for Election at Annual Meetings. A stockholder (or group of stockholders) wishing to submit a nominating recommendation for an annual meeting of stockholders must ensure that it is received by the Company, as provided above, not later than 120 calendar days prior to the first anniversary of the date of the proxy statement for the prior annual meeting of stockholders. In the event that the date of the annual meeting of stockholders for the current year is more than 30 days following the first anniversary date of the annual meeting of stockholders for the prior year, the submission of a recommendation will be considered timely if it is submitted a reasonable time in advance of the mailing of the Companys proxy statement for the annual meeting of stockholders for the current year.
9. Stockholder Groups. If a recommendation is submitted by a group of two or more stockholders, the information regarding recommending stockholders must be submitted with respect to each stockholder in the group.
10. No Obligation to Nominate a Candidate. Acceptance of a recommendation for consideration does not imply that the Committee will interview or nominate the recommended candidate.