This excerpt taken from the MOT 8-K filed Aug 4, 2008.
[Note: Bracketed text not included in make-whole/inducement award document.]
4. The Restrictive Covenants can be waived or modified only upon the prior written consent of Motorola, Inc. (or, following a Separation Event (as defined in the Employment Agreement) or Other Transaction Event (as defined in the Employment Agreement), MDB Public (as defined in the Employment Agreement) or MDB Other (as defined in the Employment Agreement), as applicable).
5. I acknowledge that the promises in this Agreement, not any employment of or services performed by me in the course and scope of that employment, are the sole consideration for the Covered Options. I agree the Company shall have the right to assign this Agreement which shall not affect the validity or enforceability of this Agreement, subject to the limitations on assignment contained in the Employment Agreement. This Agreement shall inure to the benefit of the assigns and successors of the Companys mobile devices business and that references to Motorola or the Company shall include any such assigns and successors. For the avoidance of doubt, Motorola may unilaterally assign this Agreement to MDB Public (as defined in the Employment Agreement) or MDB Other (as defined in the Employment Agreement).
6. I acknowledge that the harm caused to the Company by the breach or anticipated breach of the Restrictive Covenants will be irreparable and I agree the Company may obtain injunctive relief against me in addition to and cumulative with any other legal or equitable rights and remedies the Company may have pursuant to this Agreement, any other agreements between me and the Company for the protection of the Companys Confidential Information (as defined in the Employment Agreement), or law, including the recovery of liquidated damages. I agree that any interim or final equitable relief entered by a court of competent jurisdiction, as specified in paragraph 10 below, will, at the request of the Company, be entered on consent and enforced by any such court having jurisdiction over me. This relief would occur without prejudice to any rights either party may have to appeal from the proceedings that resulted in any grant of such relief.
7. With respect to the Covered Options, this Agreement (and any provisions of the Employment Agreement incorporated into this Agreement) is my entire agreement with the Company. No waiver of any breach of any provision of this Agreement by the Company shall be construed to be a waiver of any succeeding breach or as a modification of such provision. The provisions of this Agreement shall be severable and in the event that any provision of this Agreement shall be found by any court as specified in paragraph 9 below to be unenforceable, in whole or in part, the remainder of this Agreement shall nevertheless be enforceable and binding on the parties. I also agree that the court may modify any invalid, overbroad or unenforceable term of this Agreement so that such term, as modified, is valid and enforceable under applicable law. Further, I affirmatively state that I have not, will not and cannot rely on any representations not expressly made herein.
8. I accept the terms of this Agreement and the above option(s) to purchase shares of the Common Stock of the Company, subject to the terms of this Agreement, the 2006 Plan, and any Award Document issued pursuant thereto. I am familiar with the 2006 Plan and agree to be bound by it to the extent applicable, as well as by the actions of the Companys Board of Directors or any committee thereof.
9. I agree that this Agreement (and any provisions of the Employment Agreement incorporated into this Agreement) and the 2006 Plan, and any Award Document issued pursuant thereto, together constitute an agreement between the Company and me. I
further agree that this Agreement is governed by the laws of Illinois, without giving effect to any states principles of Conflicts of Laws, and any legal action related to this Agreement shall be brought only in a federal or state court located in Illinois, USA. I accept the jurisdiction of these courts and consent to service of process from said courts solely for legal actions related to this Agreement and the Covered Options.
IN ORDER FOR THE ABOVE-REFERENCED OPTION(S) TO BE AWARDED, THIS AGREEMENT, SIGNED AND DATED, MUST BE RETURNED TO MOTOROLA c/o EXECUTIVE REWARDS NO LATER THAN _________________.