Insurance Journal  Apr 15  Comment 
Newline Group, part of Odyssey Re Holdings Corp., announced appointments to its leadership team based in Singapore. Rachel Flynn has been named the principal officer for Newline Asia and Susan Chew has been appointed chief underwriting officer....
Insurance Journal  Oct 20  Comment 
Odyssey Re Holdings Corp. announced that it has received regulatory approval from the China Insurance Regulatory Commission (CIRC) to establish a representative office in China. The bulletin said, the “new office will be based in Beijing and led...
Insurance Journal  Jan 6  Comment 
Odyssey Re Holdings Corp. announced changes to its executive management team in two of OdysseyRe’s operating divisions, EuroAsia and London Market. Isabelle Dubots-Lafitte has been named CEO for the Europe, Middle East and Africa (EMEA) region....
Insurance Journal  Feb 10  Comment 
A.M. Best Co. has affirmed the financial strength rating (FSR) of ‘A’ (Excellent) and issuer credit ratings (ICR) of “a” of Odyssey Reinsurance Group, based in Wilmington, Del., and its members. Best also affirmed the ICR of “bbb” and...
WA Business News  Mar 18  Comment 
Mining and engineering services company ORH will boost its cash reserves by $2 million following the sale of a Port Hedland property.
WA Business News  Mar 15  Comment 
Belmont-based ORH has terminated its proposed acquisition of private mining services company Resco, which it flagged last month along with a $23.5 million capital raising.
WA Business News  Feb 9  Comment 
Belmont-based ORH has flagged a $23.5 million capital raising as part of a condition to acquire private mining services company ResCo.
newratings.com  Oct 13  Comment 
NEW YORK, October 9 (newratings.com) - Analysts at RBC Capital Markets downgrade OdysseyRe (ticker: ORH) from "outperform" to "sector perform." [more]
Stock Blog Hub  Sep 21  Comment 
Late last Friday, Fairfax Financial Holdings (FFH) announced it had raised its offer to buy the remaining shares of Odyssey Re Holdings (ORH) it did not already own. The new $65 per share offer -- a roughly $1 billion deal -- marks the exact...
Marketwire  Sep 18  Comment 
NEW YORK, NEW YORK and TORONTO, ONTARIO -- (Marketwire) -- 09/18/09 -- (Note: All dollar amounts in this press release are expressed in U.S. dollars.) Fairfax Financial Holdings Limited (TSX: FFH)(NYSE: FFH) and Odyssey Re Holdings Corp. (NYSE: ORH)


Odyssey Re (NYSE:ORH) is an underwriter of reinsurance, providing a full range of property and casualty products on a worldwide basis. Odyssey offers both treaty and facultative reinsurance to property and casualty insurers and reinsurers and also writes insurance business. In 2008, Odyssey had gross premiums written of $2.3 billion and its shareholders’ equity as of 31 December 2008 was $2.8 billion.[1] Reinsurance represented 65.5% their gross premiums written, and primary insurance represented the remainder, or 34.5%.[2]

Odyssey was incorporated on 21 March 2001 in the state of Delaware and completed their initial public offering in June 2001.[3] Prior to the initial public offering, Odyssey was wholly owned by Fairfax Financial Holdings (FFH). As of 31 December 2008, Fairfax owned 70.4% of Odyssey's shares.[4]


  1. Odyssey's 2008 10-K, February 27, 2009
  2. Odyssey's 2008 10-K, February 27, 2009
  3. Odyssey's 2008 10-K, February 27, 2009
  4. Odyssey's 2008 10-K, February 27, 2009
Wikinvest © 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012. Use of this site is subject to express Terms of Service, Privacy Policy, and Disclaimer. By continuing past this page, you agree to abide by these terms. Any information provided by Wikinvest, including but not limited to company data, competitors, business analysis, market share, sales revenues and other operating metrics, earnings call analysis, conference call transcripts, industry information, or price targets should not be construed as research, trading tips or recommendations, or investment advice and is provided with no warrants as to its accuracy. Stock market data, including US and International equity symbols, stock quotes, share prices, earnings ratios, and other fundamental data is provided by data partners. Stock market quotes delayed at least 15 minutes for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and AMEX. Market data by Xignite. See data providers for more details. Company names, products, services and branding cited herein may be trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective owners. The use of trademarks or service marks of another is not a representation that the other is affiliated with, sponsors, is sponsored by, endorses, or is endorsed by Wikinvest.
Powered by MediaWiki