This excerpt taken from the PNC 10-Q filed May 11, 2009.
These excerpts taken from the PNC 10-K filed Mar 2, 2009.
At December 31, 2008, National Citys auto securitization 2005-A was outstanding. Our continuing involvement in the securitized automobile loans consists primarily of servicing and limited requirements to repurchase transferred loans for breaches of representations and warranties. As servicer, we hold a cleanup call on the serviced loans which gives us an option to repurchase the transferred loans when their outstanding principal balances reach 5% of the initial outstanding principal balance of the automobile loans securitized.
The Class A notes issued by National Citys 2005-A auto securitization were purchased by a third-party commercial paper conduit. National Citys subsidiary, National City Bank, along with other financial institutions, agreed to provide backup liquidity to the conduit. The conduit holds various third-party assets including beneficial interests in the cash flows of trade receivables, credit cards and other financial assets. The conduit has no interests in subprime mortgage loans. The conduit relies upon commercial paper for its funding. In the event of a disruption in the commercial paper markets, the conduit could experience a liquidity event. At such time, the conduit may require National City Bank to purchase a 49% interest in a note representing a beneficial interest in National Citys securitized automobile loans. Another financial institution, affiliated with the conduit, has committed to purchase the remaining 51% interest in this same note. Upon the conduits request, National City Bank would pay cash equal to the par value of the notes, less the corresponding portion of all defaulted loans, plus accrued interest. In return, National City Bank would be entitled to undivided interest in the cash flows of the collateral underlying the note. National City Bank receives an annual commitment fee of 7 basis points for providing this backup