This excerpt taken from the IIT 20-F filed Jun 28, 2006.
SECTION 9.01. Without Consent of Holders. The Issuer and the Trustee may amend this Indenture or the Notes without notice to or consent of any holder of the Notes:
(1) to cure any ambiguity, omission, defect or inconsistency;
(2) to provide for uncertificated Notes in addition to or in place of certificated Notes; provided, however, that the uncertificated Notes are issued in registered form for purposes of Section 163(f) of the Code or in a manner such that the uncertificated Notes are described in Section 163(f)(2)(B) of the Code;
(3) to add additional Guarantees with respect to the Notes;
(4) to secure the Notes, to add to the covenants of the Parent for the benefit of the holders of the Notes or to surrender any right or power herein conferred upon the Parent; or
(5) to make any change that does not adversely affect the rights of any holder of the Notes.
After an amendment under this Section becomes effective, the Parent shall mail to holders of Notes a notice briefly describing such amendment. The failure to give such notice to all holders of Notes, or any defect therein, will not impair or affect the validity of an amendment under this Section.
SECTION 9.02. With Consent of Holders. The Issuer and the Trustee may amend this Indenture or the Notes with the written consent of the holders of Notes of at least a majority in aggregate principal amount of the Notes then outstanding. However, without the consent of each holder of an outstanding Note, an amendment may not:
(1) reduce the amount of Notes whose holders must consent to an amendment or waiver;
(2) reduce the rate of or extend the time for payment of interest on any Note;
(3) reduce the principal of or extend the Stated Maturity of any Note;
(4) make any Note payable in a currency other than that stated in the Note;
(5) impair the right of any holder of the Notes to receive payment of principal of and interest on such holders Notes on or after the due dates therefor or to institute suit for the enforcement of any payment on or with respect to such holders Notes;
(6) subordinate the Notes to any other obligation of the Issuer or the Guarantor;
(7) release any security interest that may have been granted in favor of the holders of Notes other than pursuant to the terms of such security interest;
(8) reduce the premium payable upon the redemption of any Note or change the time at which any Note may be redeemed;
(9) reduce the premium payable upon a Change of Control or, at any time after a Change of Control has occurred, change the time at which the Change of Control Offer relating thereto must be made or at which the Notes must be repurchased pursuant to such Change of Control Offer;
(10) at any time after the Issuer is obligated to make a Prepayment Offer with the Excess Proceeds from Asset Sales, change the time at which such Prepayment Offer must be made or at which the Notes must be repurchased pursuant thereto;
(11) modify the provisions of Section 4.25;
(12) release the Parent or any other Guarantor from any of its obligations under any Guarantee of the Notes or this Indenture, except in accordance with the terms of this Indenture;
(13) amend or modify the provisions of Section 4.22 or Section 7 of the Notes; or
(14) make any change in the preceding amendment and waiver provisions.
It shall not be necessary for the consent of the holders of Notes under this Section to approve the particular form of any proposed amendment, but it shall be sufficient if such consent approves the substance thereof.
After an amendment under this Section becomes effective, the Issuer shall mail to holders of Notes at the holders address as it appears on the registration books of the Registrar a notice briefly describing such amendment. The failure to give such notice to all holders of Notes, or any defect therein, shall not impair or affect the validity of an amendment under this Section.
SECTION 9.03. Compliance with Trust Indenture Act. If this Indenture is, at any time, required to be qualified under the TIA, from the date of such qualification, every amendment to this Indenture or the Notes shall comply with the TIA as then in effect.
SECTION 9.04. Revocation and Effect of Consents and Waivers. A consent to an amendment or a waiver by a holder of a Note shall bind the holder of a Note and every subsequent holder of that Note or portion of the Note that evidences the same debt as the consenting holders Note, even if notation of the consent or waiver is not made on the Note. However, any such holder or subsequent holder may revoke the consent or waiver as to such holders Note or portion of the Note if the Trustee receives the notice of revocation before the date the amendment or waiver becomes effective. After an amendment or waiver becomes effective, it shall bind every holder of the Notes. An amendment or waiver becomes effective upon the execution of such amendment or waiver by the Trustee.
The Issuer may, but shall not be obligated to, fix a record date for the purpose of determining the holders of Notes entitled to give their consent or take any other action described above or required or permitted to be taken pursuant to this Indenture. If a record date is fixed, then notwithstanding the immediately preceding paragraph, those Persons who were holders of Notes at such record date (or their duly designated proxies), and only those Persons, shall be entitled to give such consent or to revoke any consent previously given or to take any such action, whether or not such Persons continue to be holders of Notes after such record date. No such consent shall be valid or effective for more than 120 days after such record date.
SECTION 9.05. Notation on or Exchange of Notes. If an amendment changes the terms of a Note, the Trustee may require the holder of the Note to deliver such Note to the Trustee. The Trustee may place an appropriate notation on the Note regarding the changed terms and return such Note to the holder of the Note. Alternatively, if the Issuer or the Trustee so determines, the Issuer in exchange for the Note shall issue and the Trustee, upon written order of the Issuer pursuant to Section 2.03, shall authenticate a new Note that reflects the changed terms. Failure to make the appropriate notation or to issue a new Note shall not affect the validity of such amendment.
SECTION 9.06. Trustee to Sign Amendments and Waivers. The Trustee and the Issuer shall sign any amendment or supplemental indenture authorized pursuant to this Article IX if the amendment does not adversely affect the rights, duties, liabilities or immunities of the Trustee. If it does, the Trustee may but need not sign it. In signing such amendment or waiver the Trustee shall be entitled to receive indemnity satisfactory to it and to receive, and (subject to Section 7.01) shall be fully protected in relying upon, an Officers Certificate and an Opinion of Counsel stating that such amendment is authorized or permitted by this Indenture and complies with the provisions hereof (including Section 9.03).
SECTION 9.07. Payment for Consent. Neither the Issuer nor any Affiliate of the Issuer shall, directly or indirectly, pay or cause to be paid any consideration, whether by way of interest, fee or otherwise, to any holder of Notes for or as an inducement to any consent, waiver or amendment of any of the terms or provisions of this Indenture or the Notes, unless such consideration is offered to be paid to all holders of Notes that so consent, waive or agree to amend in the time frame set forth in solicitation documents relating to such consent, waiver or agreement.