This excerpt taken from the PBR 20-F filed Jun 30, 2005.
In December 2004, we entered the Uruguayan market through the acquisition of 55% of the voting shares of Conecta S/A, which is one of the two local gas distribution companies operating in Uruguay, for U.S.$3.2 million. The other 45% of the Conectas voting shares remains with the state-owned Administratión Nacional de Combustibles Alcohol y Potland ANCAP.
Conecta operates approximately 300 km of gas pipelines, and has exclusivity to supply small to medium size consumers with demand of up to 5,000 cmpd. Conecta presently has 4,200 clients from approximately 4,100 residences. We estimate that this represents 10% of the market located in the neighborhood of the gas pipelines in the cities of Paysandu and Ciudad del a Costa. Conectas revenues in 2004 were US$2.7 million.