Portec Rail Products, Inc. (NASDAQ PRPX) which includes Kelsan Technologies, Salient Systems, Portec Rail Sheffield, Portec Rail Products, Ltd. as well as Shipping Systems Division, Railway Maintenance Products Division and CI Logistics (Material Handling only) is a global provider of advanced solutions to rail freight and rail passenger operators. We develop, manufacture and apply the latest technology to increase asset life, operating performance, efficiency and safety through wheel/rail friction management, fault detection and health monitoring systems, track infrastructure components as well as rolling stock components, mechanical repair systems and load securement systems.
Wheel/Rail Friction Managements Systems
Portec Rail and Kelsan Technologies’ Friction Management products and services offering have evolved into a Total Friction Management™ (TFM™) program that delivers measurable results! TFM™ is the systematic implementation of friction control, combined with the technology required to monitor and effectively manage friction to minimize costs and maximize benefit. Only the Portec Rail Group has the knowledge, expertise, equipment and resources to deliver the tangible financial results from enhanced fuel savings, rail/wheel life, track structure integrity, noise abatement and minimized derailment potential. The TFM™ program provides our Friction Management Consulting and Field Services the flexibility required to meet the needs and practical constraints of each individual customer to obtain the economic benefits associated with this program
Kelsan Technologies www.kelsan.com is known as the innovative developer of ThinFilm™ friction control solutions. These solutions are major component of Total Friction Management™( TFM™), they control friction at the wheel/rail interface reducing costs and improving performance. Used by rail freight and passenger operators around the world, Kelsan’s patented friction control solutions extend rail and wheel life, improve fuel efficiency, reduce green house gas emissions, and also reduce noise, lateral forces, and short pitch corrugations. Kelsan offers our environmentally friendly technology to customers in both liquid (KELTRACK®) and on-board solid sticks (HPF™ and LCF™) through a variety of delivery systems.
Portec Rail is the leader in mobile and trackside friction management application systems. Application systems are also an important component of TFM™ and our solutions are available in a number of delivery systems through our H.O.W. ™ (Hi-Rail, On-Board, Wayside) approach providing the optimum application solution. Our wayside solution is the advanced PROTECTOR® Trackside Friction Management system the most prevalent in service around the world. Precise application of gauge face lubrication and Kelsan’s KELTRACK® Top-of-Rail friction modifier is accomplished in the most demanding operating environments. It features a digital control system with optional Remote Performance Monitoring™ for tracking key system functions aiding the system in providing the desired results. Mobile Gauge Face and TOR application is also available via ROAD-RUNNER™ Hi-Rail system and the, GPS controlled AutoPilot™ Train Based TOR system. We also provide Disposable Bulk Distribution systems for cost-effective resupply of PROTECTOR® systems with lubricant or KELTRACK®.
The Portec Rail Group provides the expertise for solving a variety of wheel/rail interface issues utilizing analysis techniques to provide sophisticated and detailed monitoring of friction control performance, measurement and tracking of lateral/vertical forces, friction levels, rail wear, fuel consumption, rolling contact fatigue development and other criteria.
Fault detection and health monitoring systems
Salient Systems www.salientsystems.com is the industry benchmark for Fault Detection and Health Monitoring Systems. We are the leader in designing, building and installing fault detection equipment to monitor train dynamics as well as the health of rolling stock and rail through a variety of wayside and rail-mounted systems. Integrating these systems with our intelliTrack® software solutions improve track and equipment reliability, safety and operational efficiency. These systems include Rail Stress Monitors for managing thermal rail forces, Wheel Impact Load Detectors (WILD), Hunting Truck Detectors, Truck Performance Detection Systems, Weigh-in-motion systems and Low- Hose Detectors.
Since 1906 Portec Rail has manufactured long-lasting engineered products for the track structure. These include standard joints (fishplates) and insulated rail joints both glued and dry types. Dry types include ComPly™ epoxy fiberglass, Coronet™ Joint nylon encapsulated and Poly-Insulated® polyurethane encapsulated. Other track components are FAIR® and Exi™ rail anchors, spikes, fasteners, gauge plate and switch rod insulators, switchpoint protectors, rail rollover protection devices and rail separation temporary repair.
Load Securement and Vehicle Repair Systems
Portec Rail’s Shipping System Division specializes in systems to keep loads secure to their destination whether it is lumber, automobiles, trucks, farm equipment or intermodal containers, our products include, vehicle wheel securement systems, bridge plates & accessories, chain tie downs, web & cable products, lading banding securements, intermodal container lock & pedestals and brake chains. Complete shop-based systems are available for rail vehicle and locomotive maintenance/repair
- Corporate Office
- Portec Rail Products, Inc.
- PO Box 38250
- Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
- Web: www.portecrail.com
- Divisional/Subsidiary Offices
- Kelsan Technologies
- 1140 West 15th Street
- North Vancouver, British Columbia
- Canada V7P 1M9
- Salient Systems Inc.
- 4393-K Tuller Road
- Dublin, Ohio
- Portec Rail Products, Inc
Railway Maintenance Products Division
- PO Box 38250
- Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
- Portec Rail Products, Inc
- Shipping Systems Division
- 120 West 22nd Street
- Oak Brook, Illinois
- Portec Rail Products, Ltd
- 2044 32nd Avenue
- Lachine, Quebec
- H8T 3H7
- Portec Rail Group – Sheffield
- Stamford Street
- S9 2TL
- United Kingdom
43 Wenlock Way
Troon Industrial Area
Leceister LE4 9HU
- The foregoing information contains forward-looking statements. The Company cautions that such statements are subject to a number of uncertainties. The Company identifies below important factors that could affect the Company's financial performance and could cause the Company's actual results for future periods to differ materially from any opinions or statements expressed with respect to future periods in any current statements. In particular, the Company's future results could be affected by a variety of factors, such as customer demand for our products; competitive dynamics in the North American and worldwide railroad and railway supply industries; capital expenditures by the railway industry in North America and worldwide; the development and retention of sales representation and distribution agreements with third parties; fluctuations in the cost and availability of raw materials and supplies; currency rate fluctuations; and exposure to pension liabilities. Additional cautions regarding forward-looking statements are provided in the Company's Form 10-K "Cautionary Statement Relevant to Forward-looking Statements." The Company does not undertake, and specifically disclaims, any obligation to update or revise any forward-looking statement, whether written or oral, that may be made from time to time by or on behalf of the Company.