Portugal Telecom SGPS, S.A . 6-K 2012
SECURITIES AND EXCHANGE COMMISSION
Washington, D.C. 20549
Report of Foreign Private Issuer
Securities Exchange Act of 1934
For the month of June 2012
Commission File Number 1-13758
PORTUGAL TELECOM, SGPS, S.A.
(Exact name of registrant as specified in its charter)
Av. Fontes Pereira de Melo, 40
(Address of principal executive office)
Indicate by check mark whether the registrant files or will file annual reports under cover Form 20-F or Form 40-F.
Form 20-F x Form 40-F o
Indicate by check mark whether the registrant by furnishing the information contained in this Form is also thereby furnishing the information to the Commission pursuant to Rule 12g3-2(b) under the Securities Exchange Act of 1934.
Yes o No x
Announcement | Lisbon | 15 June 2012
Long Position Morgan Stanley
Portugal Telecom, SGPS S.A. (PT) hereby informs that Morgan Stanley now holds a long position corresponding to less than 2% of the share capital of PT.
This change resulted from a decrease in the number of PT ordinary shares held by Morgan Stanley & Co International plc, occurred on 7 June 2012. As a result, Morgan Stanley now holds a long position corresponding to a total of 14,909,246 ordinary shares representing 1.66% of PTs share capital.
Additionally, PT was informed that the long position is held as follows:
Holdings in PT ordinary shares:
· Morgan Stanley Co LLC: 623,606 ordinary shares representing 0.07% of the share capital and voting rights in PT;
· Morgan Stanley & Co. International plc: 1,790,189 ordinary shares representing 0.20% of the share capital and voting rights in PT;
· MS Capital (Luxembourg) SA: 26,540 ordinary shares representing 0.003% of the share capital and voting rights in PT;
· Morgan Stanley Smith Barney LLC: 106,624 ordinary shares representing 0.01% of the share capital and voting rights in PT.
Holdings in financial instruments:
· Morgan Stanley & Co. International plc: 9,969,715 ordinary shares via cash settled financial instruments representing 1.12% of the share capital and voting rights in PT;
· Morgan Stanley Capital Services LLC: 498,452 ordinary shares via cash settled financial instruments representing 0.06% of the share capital and voting rights in PT;
· Morgan Stanley B.V.: 1,894,120 ordinary shares via cash settled financial instruments representing 0.21% of the share capital and voting rights in PT.
PT was further informed that the parent company Morgan Stanley controls Morgan Stanley Co LLC, Morgan Stanley & Co. International plc, MS Capital (Luxembourg) SA, Morgan Stanley Smith Barney LLC and Morgan Stanley B.V., through the following chains of companies:
· Morgan Stanley & Co. LLC: Morgan Stanley and Morgan Stanley & Co. Incorporated;
· Morgan Stanley & Co. International plc: Morgan Stanley, Morgan Stanley International Holding Inc., Morgan Stanley International Limited, Morgan Stanley Group (Europe) and Morgan Stanley UK (Group);
· MS Capital (Luxembourg) SA: Morgan Stanley and Morgan Stanley International Holdings Inc.;
· Morgan Stanley Smith Barney LLC: Morgan Stanley, Morgan Stanley Capital Management LLC, Morgan Stanley Domestic Holdings Inc, Morgan Stanley & Co. Incorporated, Morgan Stanley Alpha Holdings LLC, Morgan Stanley JV Holdings LLC and Morgan Stanley Smith Barney Holdings LLC;
· Morgan Stanley B.V.: Morgan Stanley and Morgan Stanley International Holdings Inc..
This statement is pursuant to the terms and for the purposes of article 2-A of the Portuguese Securities Commission Regulation no. 5/2008, following a communication received from Morgan Stanley & Co. International plc, with registered office at 25 Cabot Square, Canary Wharf, London E14 4QA, United Kingdom.
Pursuant to the requirements of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934, the registrant has duly caused this report to be signed on its behalf by the undersigned, thereunto duly authorized.
Date: June 15, 2012
This document may contain forward-looking statements. These statements are statements that are not historical facts, and are based on managements current view and estimates of future economic circumstances, industry conditions, company performance and financial results. The words anticipates, believes, estimates, expects, plans and similar expressions, as they relate to the company, are intended to identify forward-looking statements. Statements regarding the declaration or payment of dividends, the implementation of principal operating and financing strategies and capital expenditure plans, the direction of future operations and the factors or trends affecting financial condition, liquidity or results of operations are examples of forward-looking statements. Such statements reflect the current views of management and are subject to a number of risks and uncertainties. There is no guarantee that the expected events, trends or results will actually occur. The statements are based on many assumptions and factors, including general economic and market conditions, industry conditions, and operating factors. Any changes in such assumptions or factors could cause actual results to differ materially from current expectations.