QUOTE AND NEWS
FierceBiotech  Apr 28  Comment 
Singapore, UAE government funds’ new investments put PPD at $9B aliu Thu, 04/27/2017 - 21:49
newratings.com  Feb 6  Comment 
WASHINGTON (dpa-AFX) - Shares of LabCorp (LH) have climbed off their worst levels but continue to see significant weakness in afternoon trading on Monday. After hitting its lowest intraday level in over a month, LabCorp is currently down by 5.7...
Benzinga  Jul 28  Comment 
Slingshot Insights, a web community that connects investors with professional primary research tools and cost-shared expert interviews, will be conducting an expert call to talk about the trial success of SAGE Therapeutics Inc (NASDAQ: SAGE)’s...
FierceBiotech  Jul 12  Comment 
Bayer expands discovery deal with PPD spinout X-Chem slawrence Tue, 07/12/2016 - 11:33
Reuters  Dec 11  Comment 
Contract research organization Pharmaceutical Product Development LLC (PPD) is exploring a sale or initial public offering that could value it at between $7 billion and $8 billion,...
Insurance Journal  Nov 13  Comment 
The Arkansas Workers’ Compensation Commission has determined that the maximum weekly workers’ comp rates for 2016 for covered accidents will be $646 for total disability (TD) and $485 for permanent partial disability (PPD). For injury or death...
GenEng News  Dec 24  Comment 
Pharmaceutical Product Development (PPD) and Shin Nippon Biomedical Laboratories (SNBL) announced the formation of a joint venture in Japan to provide a range of clinical development services in that country, including Phase I–IV clinical trial...




 
TOP CONTRIBUTORS

Prepaid Legal Services sells memberships that allow members to access legal services through a network of independent law firms under contract with the company. Provider law firms are paid a monthly fixed fee on a capitated basis to render services to plan members residing within the state or province in which the provider law firm attorneys are licensed to practice. Because the fixed fee payments do not vary based on the type and amount of benefits utilized by the member, this capitated arrangement helps the company manage claims risk. At December 31, 2006, Memberships subject to the capitated provider law firm arrangement comprised approximately 99% of active Memberships. The remaining Memberships, approximately 1%, were primarily sold prior to 1987 and allow members to locate their own lawyer (open panel plan) with the member’s lawyer being reimbursed for services rendered based on usual, reasonable and customary fees.

Memberships through a multi-level marketing program that encourages individuals to sell Memberships and allows individuals to recruit and develop their own sales organizations. Commissions are paid only when a Membership is sold[1].

Principal competitors include Hyatt Legal Plans (a MetLife company), ARAG® North America, National Legal Plan and Legal Services Plan of America (a GE Financial company, formerly the Signature Group). Most of these concentrate their marketing to larger employer groups and offer open panel plans.




References

Wikinvest © 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012. Use of this site is subject to express Terms of Service, Privacy Policy, and Disclaimer. By continuing past this page, you agree to abide by these terms. Any information provided by Wikinvest, including but not limited to company data, competitors, business analysis, market share, sales revenues and other operating metrics, earnings call analysis, conference call transcripts, industry information, or price targets should not be construed as research, trading tips or recommendations, or investment advice and is provided with no warrants as to its accuracy. Stock market data, including US and International equity symbols, stock quotes, share prices, earnings ratios, and other fundamental data is provided by data partners. Stock market quotes delayed at least 15 minutes for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and AMEX. Market data by Xignite. See data providers for more details. Company names, products, services and branding cited herein may be trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective owners. The use of trademarks or service marks of another is not a representation that the other is affiliated with, sponsors, is sponsored by, endorses, or is endorsed by Wikinvest.
Powered by MediaWiki