This excerpt taken from the RNOW 8-K filed Sep 11, 2006.
RIGHTNOW SUMMIT, COPPER MOUNTAIN, COLO. and GARTNER CRM SUMMIT, CHICAGO (September 11, 2006)RightNow Technologies, Inc. (NASDAQ: RNOW) today introduced RightNow 8, a new, significantly advanced version of its award-winning suite of enterprise service, sales and marketing solutions. RightNow 8 is designed to help companies ensure that a customers experiencethe sum of interactions with a companys products, people and processesconsistently exceeds expectations. RightNow 8 will be available in December 2006.
An exceptional customer experience can be the single most powerful way for companies to set themselves apart from competitors. Yet despite massive investments in
customer relationship management (CRM) software, tales of abysmal service continue to make front-page news. These problems persist because conventional CRM solutions are narrowly focused on streamlining internal processes, rather than addressing the broader, more critical issues that define the quality of the customer experience.
Built to meet the needs of the most demanding global organizations, RightNow 8 is easy to use, quick to deploy and simple to customize and manage. It directly addresses the customer experience challenge by ensuring that the knowledge required to optimize the quality of every interaction is available in real time wherever and whenever it is needed.
New features of RightNow 8 include:
· Customer Experience Designer: RightNow 8s Customer Experience Designer is an easy-to-use graphical workflow engine that empowers business users to design, deliver and modify processes―from a customers perspective―that span sales, marketing and customer service. Users can map customer-initiated processes, such as product registration or the tracking of merchandise returns, to ensure that customers have a seamless experience as they interact with different departments. The Customer Experience Designer includes pre-built templates to speed and simplify deployment. In addition, users can easily modify processes to respond to changing customer expectations and market conditions.
· RightNow Feedback: RightNow 8 Feedback enables organizations to capture and measure customer feedback across all touch-points in real time and take immediate action on that feedback. For example, a company can route customer comments on products to design teams, which can then contact customers, solicit more information and, if appropriate, incorporate that feedback into future designs. Companies can also use packaged templates to gather, monitor and act on customer satisfaction and service issues or collect insights from their own employees.
· RightNow Analytics: New analytical features include Report Design Center, an easy-to-use, drag-and-drop tool that enables users to assemble and present information such as tables, charts and fields in customizable formats. Multiple
reports can be brought together in customizable dashboards and homepages, ensuring that needed information is immediately available for use in customer interactions. Another new feature is historical trending, which allows users to collect, analyze and compare current and projected information with historical data for time-based comparisons of sales pipelines, lead conversion rates, customer satisfaction rankings and other performance metrics.
· Workspace Designer: RightNow 8s drag-and-drop screen layout designer empowers administrators and users to customize desktop workspaces to map to key business processes by adding, deleting, moving or changing fields, tabs, embedded analytics and tasks. The Workspace Designer includes pre-defined, role-based profiles for customer service, sales and marketing staff at the executive, manager, sales rep and agent levels. These profiles include pre-configured workspaces with relevant dashboards and homepages. In addition, role-relevant analytical information can be embedded into users workspaces to ensure that they have the right information in the right place at the right time.
· Packaged Vertical Solutions: RightNow 8 is available in solutions tailored to government, business-to-business and business-to-consumer environments. These customizable solutions streamline deployment by incorporating industry-specific best practices, processes and workflows, profiles and roles, terminology, screen layouts, homepages and dashboards. Additional vertical solutions will be introduced throughout 2007.
· Enterprise On Demand Architecture: Designed for mission-critical business environments, RightNow 8 is fast, easy to use and highly configurable. With new Smart Client technology, RightNow 8 combines the flexibility and ease-of-use of web-based access with the full functionality of traditional client software. Microsoft Outlook email, calendaring, tasks and contact capabilities are all embedded into the highly intuitive RightNow interface, so that employees can use their standard desktop tools from within the RightNow environment.
A superior customer experience is a critical competitive differentiator in todays high-choice markets, said Greg Gianforte, RightNows president and CEO. To do this,
you must listen to customers, solicit feedback and act on that information immediately. RightNow 8 will help organizations outperform competitors that fail to recognize the power of a positive customer experience. No other on demand vendor comes close to providing the richness, flexibility and performance necessary to meet the business requirements of large enterprises.