This excerpt taken from the RVBD 8-K filed Feb 19, 2009.
A GENERAL RELEASE DOES NOT EXTEND TO CLAIMS WHICH THE CREDITOR DOES NOT KNOW OR SUSPECT TO EXIST IN HIS FAVOR AT THE TIME OF EXECUTING THE RELEASE, WHICH IF KNOWN BY HIM MUST HAVE MATERIALLY AFFECTED HIS SETTLEMENT WITH THE DEBTOR.
Employee, being aware of said code section, agrees to expressly waive any rights he may have thereunder, as well as under any statute or common law principles of similar effect.
7. No Pending or Future Lawsuits. Employee represents that he has no lawsuits, claims, or actions pending in his name, or on behalf of any other person or entity, against the Company or any other person or entity referred to herein. Employee also represents that he does not intend to bring any claims on his own behalf or on behalf of any other person or entity against the Company or any other person or entity referred to herein.
8. Application for Employment. Employee understands and agrees that, as a condition of this Agreement, he shall not be entitled to any employment with the Company, its subsidiaries, or any successor, and he hereby waives any right, or alleged right, of employment or re-employment with the Company.
9. No Cooperation. Employee agrees that he will not counsel or assist any attorneys or their clients in the presentation or prosecution of any disputes, differences, grievances, claims, charges, or complaints by any third party against the Company and/or any officer, director, employee, agent, representative, shareholder or attorney of the Company, unless under a subpoena or other court order to do so.
10. No Admission of Liability. Employee understands and acknowledges that this Agreement constitutes a compromise and settlement of disputed claims. No action taken by the Company, either previously or in connection with this Agreement shall be deemed or construed to be (a) an admission of the truth or falsity of any claims heretofore made or (b) an acknowledgment or admission by the Company of any fault or liability whatsoever to the Employee or to any third party.
11. Costs. The Parties shall each bear their own costs, expert fees, attorneys fees and other fees incurred in connection with this Agreement.
12. Arbitration. The Parties agree that any and all disputes arising out of the terms of this Agreement, their interpretation, and any of the matters herein released, including any potential claims of harassment, discrimination or wrongful termination shall be subject to binding arbitration, to the extent permitted by law, as specified in the Employment Agreement.
13. Authority. Employee represents and warrants that he has the capacity to act on his own behalf and on behalf of all who might claim through him to bind them to the terms and conditions of this Agreement.
14. No Representations. Employee represents that he has had the opportunity to consult with an attorney, and has carefully read and understands the scope and effect of the provisions of this Agreement. Neither party has relied upon any representations or statements made by the other party hereto which are not specifically set forth in this Agreement.
15. Severability. In the event that any provision hereof becomes or is declared by a court of competent jurisdiction to be illegal, unenforceable or void, this Agreement shall continue in full force and effect without said provision.
16. Entire Agreement. This Agreement, along with the Proprietary Information and Inventions Agreement, the LTIP and Employees written equity compensation agreements with the Company, represents the entire agreement and understanding between the Company and Employee concerning Employees LTIP separation benefits from the Company.
17. No Oral Modification. This Agreement may only be amended in writing signed by Employee and the CEO of the Company.
18. Governing Law. This Agreement shall be governed by the internal substantive laws, but not the choice of law rules, of the State of California.
19. Effective Date. This Agreement is effective eight (8) days after it has been signed by both Parties.
20. Counterparts. This Agreement may be executed in counterparts, and each counterpart shall have the same force and effect as an original and shall constitute an effective, binding agreement on the part of each of the undersigned.
21. Voluntary Execution of Agreement. This Agreement is executed voluntarily and without any duress or undue influence on the part or behalf of the Parties hereto, with the full intent of releasing all claims. The Parties acknowledge that:
(a) They have read this Agreement;
(b) They have been represented in the preparation, negotiation, and execution of this Agreement by legal counsel of their own choice or that they have voluntarily declined to seek such counsel;
(c) They understand the terms and consequences of this Agreement and of the releases it contains;
(d) They are fully aware of the legal and binding effect of this Agreement.
IN WITNESS WHEREOF, the Parties have executed this Agreement on the respective dates set forth below.