This excerpt taken from the SWY DEF 14A filed Apr 12, 2006.
Other Powers and Responsibilities
11.(a) The Committee shall discuss with management and the independent auditor the Companys earnings press releases (with particular focus on any pro forma or adjusted non-GAAP information), as well as financial information and earnings guidance provided to analysts and rating agencies. The Committees discussion in this regard may be general in nature (i.e., discussion of the types of information to be disclosed and the type of presentation to be made) and need not take place in advance of each earnings release or each instance in which the Company may provide earnings guidance.
(b) In addition to the general discussions required under Section 11(a) above, the Committee and/or the Committee Chair will meet with management prior to each quarterly earnings release to review the specifics of each earnings release including, but not limited to, status of operations, consistency of accounting policies, or large or unusual transactions. The independent auditors will participate in such meetings and report on the results of their quarterly review.
12. The Committee shall discuss with management and the independent auditor any related-party transactions brought to the Committees attention which could reasonably be expected to have a material impact on the Companys financial statements.
13. The Committee shall discuss with management and the independent auditor any correspondence from or with regulators or governmental agencies, any employee complaints or any published reports that raise material issues regarding the Companys financial statements, financial reporting process, accounting policies or internal audit function.
14. The Committee shall discuss with the Companys General Counsel and/or outside counsel any legal matters brought to the Committees attention that could reasonably be expected to have a material impact on the Companys financial statements.
15. The Committee shall request assurances from management, the independent auditor and the Companys internal auditors that the Companys foreign subsidiaries and foreign affiliated entities, if any, are in conformity with applicable legal requirements, including disclosure of affiliated party transactions.
16. The Committee shall discuss with management the Companys policies with respect to risk assessment and risk management. The Committee shall discuss with management the Companys significant financial risk exposures and the actions management has taken to limit, monitor or control such exposures.
17. The Committee shall set clear hiring policies for employees or former employees of the Companys independent auditor.
18. The Committee shall establish procedures for the receipt, retention and treatment of complaints received by the Company regarding accounting, internal accounting controls or auditing matters. The Committee shall also establish procedures for the confidential and anonymous submission by employees regarding questionable accounting or auditing matters.
19. The Committee shall provide the Company with the report of the Committee with respect to the audited financial statements for inclusion in each of the Companys annual proxy statements.
20. The Committee, through its Chair, shall report regularly to, and review with, the Board any issues that arise with respect to the quality or integrity of the Companys financial statements, the Companys compliance with legal or regulatory requirements, the performance and independence of the Companys independent auditor, the performance of the Companys internal audit function or any other matter the Committee determines is necessary or advisable to report to the Board.
21. The Committee shall at least annually perform an evaluation of the performance of the Committee, including a review of the Committees compliance with this Charter.
22. The Committee shall at least annually review and reassess this Charter and submit any recommended changes to the Board for its consideration.