Annual Reports

  • 20-F (Mar 21, 2014)
  • 20-F (Mar 21, 2013)
  • 20-F (Mar 29, 2012)
  • 20-F (Apr 29, 2011)
  • 20-F (Mar 26, 2010)
  • 20-F (Apr 30, 2009)

 
Other

Telefonica SA 6-K 2012

Documents found in this filing:

  1. 6-K
  2. Graphic
  3. Graphic
Form 6-K
Table of Contents

 

 

FORM 6-K

 

 

SECURITIES AND EXCHANGE COMMISSION

Washington, D.C. 20549

 

 

Report of Foreign Private Issuer

Pursuant to Rule 13a-16 or 15d-16 of

the Securities Exchange Act of 1934

For the month of July, 2012

Commission File Number: 001-09531

 

 

Telefónica, S.A.

(Translation of registrant’s name into English)

 

 

Distrito Telefónica, Ronda de la Comunicación s/n,

28050 Madrid, Spain

3491-482 85 48

(Address of principal executive offices)

 

 

Indicate by check mark whether the registrant files or will file annual reports under cover of Form 20-F or Form 40-F:

Form 20-F  x             Form 40-F  ¨

Indicate by check mark if the registrant is submitting the Form 6-K in paper as permitted by Regulation S-T Rule 101(b)(1):

Yes  ¨            No  x

Indicate by check mark if the registrant is submitting the Form 6-K in paper as permitted by Regulation S-T Rule 101(b)(7):

Yes  ¨             No  x

Indicate by check mark whether by furnishing the information contained in this Form, the registrant is also thereby furnishing the information to the Commission pursuant to Rule 12g3-2(b) under the Securities Exchange Act of 1934:

Yes  ¨            No  x

If “Yes” is marked, indicate below the file number assigned to the registrant in connection with Rule 12g3-2(b): N/A

 

 

 


Table of Contents

Telefónica, S.A.

TABLE OF CONTENTS

 

Item

        

Sequential
Page
Number

1.    Telefónica – Colombia Agreement   


Table of Contents

 

LOGO

RAMIRO SÁNCHEZ DE LERÍN GARCÍA-OVIES

General Secretary and

Secretary to the Board of Directors

TELEFÓNICA, S.A.

TELEFÓNICA, S.A. as provided in article 82 of the Spanish Stock Market Act (Ley del Mercado de Valores), hereby reports the following

SIGNIFICANT EVENT

Telefónica, S.A. (“Telefónica”) hereby reports that following the agreement reached in March with the Colombian government (hereinafter “the Government”), as of 29th of June the closing of the merger process between Telefónica Móviles Colombia, S.A and Colombia Telecomunicaciones, S.A. ESP has taken place. Consequently, Telefónica holds 70% of the share capital of the resulting Company while the Government controls the remaining 30%.

As a result of the merger, consolidated net financial debt of Telefónica will be reduced at the end of the second quarter of 2012 by approximately 1,450 million euros.

The merger of both companies will create the second largest integrated operator in Colombia and will allow the new Company to strengthen its competitive position in the Colombian market and improve its outlook for future growth. Based on integrated, flexible and efficient management, the Company will offer a full range of telecommunications services. This, together with the larger size of the Company, will enable the capture of important synergies in the coming years.

Madrid, July 2nd, 2012.


Table of Contents

SIGNATURES

Pursuant to the requirements of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934, the registrant has duly caused this report to be signed on its behalf by the undersigned, thereunto duly authorized.

 

  Telefónica, S.A.
Date: July 2nd, 2012   By:  

/s/ Ramiro Sánchez de Lerín García-Ovies

    Name:   Ramiro Sánchez de Lerín García-Ovies
    Title:   General Secretary and Secretary to the Board of Directors
Wikinvest © 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012. Use of this site is subject to express Terms of Service, Privacy Policy, and Disclaimer. By continuing past this page, you agree to abide by these terms. Any information provided by Wikinvest, including but not limited to company data, competitors, business analysis, market share, sales revenues and other operating metrics, earnings call analysis, conference call transcripts, industry information, or price targets should not be construed as research, trading tips or recommendations, or investment advice and is provided with no warrants as to its accuracy. Stock market data, including US and International equity symbols, stock quotes, share prices, earnings ratios, and other fundamental data is provided by data partners. Stock market quotes delayed at least 15 minutes for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and AMEX. Market data by Xignite. See data providers for more details. Company names, products, services and branding cited herein may be trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective owners. The use of trademarks or service marks of another is not a representation that the other is affiliated with, sponsors, is sponsored by, endorses, or is endorsed by Wikinvest.
Powered by MediaWiki