This excerpt taken from the UPL DEF 14A filed Apr 30, 2007.
To Be Held on June 14, 2007
To the Shareholders of Ultra Petroleum Corp:
You are cordially invited to attend the Annual Meeting of Shareholders (the Annual Meeting) of Ultra Petroleum Corp. which will be held at the Crowne Plaza Hotel, 425 N. Sam Houston Parkway E., Houston Texas, on Thursday, June 14, 2007 at 10:00 a.m. CDT, for the following purposes:
1. To elect the Board of Directors to serve until their successors are duly elected and qualified;
2. To appoint Ernst & Young LLP as the independent auditor of the Company for the fiscal year ending December 31, 2007;
3. To receive the financial statements of the Company for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2006 together with the auditors report thereon;
4. If presented, to consider and vote upon a shareholder proposal regarding climate change which is opposed by the Board of Directors; and
5. To transact such other business as may properly be brought before the Annual Meeting or any adjournments or postponements thereof.
The specific details of the matters proposed to be put before the Annual Meeting are set forth in the proxy statement accompanying and forming part of this notice.
Only shareholders of record at the close of business on May 7, 2007, the Record Date, are entitled to notice of and to vote at the Annual Meeting and any adjournments or postponements thereof. Each common share is entitled to one vote per share. Whether or not you plan to attend the Annual Meeting, we request that you sign and date the enclosed proxy card and mail it in the stamped, pre-addressed envelope provided or deposit it with the transfer agent, Computershare Investor Services Inc., Proxy Dept., 100 University Avenue, 9th Floor, Toronto, Ontario, M5J 2Y1. In order to be valid and acted upon at the Annual Meeting, forms of proxy must be received at the aforesaid address by 9:00 a.m. EDT on June 12, 2007. As an alternative, you can vote your shares by telephone or over the Internet.
MICHAEL D. WATFORD
Chairman, President and
Chief Executive Officer
April 30, 2007