Urban Outfitters 8-K 2014
SECURITIES AND EXCHANGE COMMISSION
WASHINGTON, DC 20549
Pursuant to Section 13 or 15(d)
of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934
Date of Report (Date of earliest event reported) May 27, 2014
URBAN OUTFITTERS, INC.
(Exact Name of Registrant as Specified in its Charter)
Registrants telephone number, including area code (215) 454-5500
(Former name or former address, if changed since last report)
Check the appropriate box below if the Form 8-K filing is intended to simultaneously satisfy the filing obligation of the registrant under any of the following provisions (see General Instruction A.2. below):
On May 27, 2014, Urban Outfitters, Inc. (the Company) held its Annual Meeting of Shareholders (the Annual Meeting). At the Annual Meeting, the shareholders (i) elected each of the Companys five nominees for Director to serve a term initially expiring at the Annual Meeting of Shareholders in 2015, (ii) ratified the appointment of Deloitte & Touche LLP as the Companys independent registered public accounting firm for the fiscal year ending January 31, 2015, (iii) approved a non-binding advisory resolution on executive compensation, (iv) defeated the shareholder proposal regarding board nominee requirements, (v) defeated the shareholder proposal regarding human rights report, and (vi) defeated the shareholder proposal regarding an independent board chair. The results of the voting were as follows:
1. Proposal No. 1: Election of Directors.
2. Proposal No. 2: Ratification of the appointment of Deloitte & Touche LLP as the Companys independent registered public accounting firm for Fiscal Year 2015.
3. Proposal No. 3: Approval of a non-binding advisory resolution on executive compensation.
4. Proposal No. 4: Shareholder proposal regarding board nominee requirements.
5. Proposal No. 5: Shareholder proposal regarding human rights report.
6. Proposal No. 6: Shareholder proposal regarding independent board chair.
Pursuant to the requirements of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934, the registrant has duly caused this report to be signed on its behalf by the undersigned hereunto duly authorized.